An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

i<3franciscans

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1323266333' post='2346386']
It was so amesome to talk to the best-est friend last night in person on the couch on the fourth floor at OLOH. I miss being able to do that more often. It is so good just to talk about discernment and posts we have made on here and all of that stuff. It helps to talk in person and she mentioned many things that helped me out. I love you i<3franciscans! :love:

I'm encouraged now even more to do what I have to do!
[/quote]
I loved chatting, it had been a long time! Many Prayers! :)

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1323273060' post='2346465']
I loved chatting, it had been a long time! Many Prayers! :)
[/quote]

Many prayers for you too! :)

MargaretTeresa

Christmas will be interesting... I'm going to be bringing up my "Catholic-ness" a lot. I'm tired of letting my mom try to take over my life...

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1323295804' post='2346830']
Christmas will be interesting... I'm going to be bringing up my "Catholic-ness" a lot. I'm tired of letting my mom try to take over my life...
[/quote]

Prayers for you and your mom MT. It can be difficult to deal with parents, even mine who are Catholic, happily married etc.. Your not alone! :amen:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1323481367' post='2348302']

How did it go? :yahoo:
[/quote]

They'd like for me to come and visit! Since my dad and grandma have tons of airline miles, I'm going to see if I can do during spring break or during the late summer!

AccountDeleted

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1323519491' post='2348522']
Not long until my discernment visit!!! Seven days!
[/quote]

Wow! this close to Christmas too! How great. I loved Christmas in the convent. I wish I had been able to get it all together in time for a visit that soon. Enjoy :)

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1323295804' post='2346830']
[/quote]

prayers, hermana :)

Guest hermanita

[quote name='beatitude' timestamp='1323519491' post='2348522']
Not long until my discernment visit!!! Seven days!
[/quote]

Vaya con Dios . Praying for you all the way.

I believe I miss understood the Converse in song titles as I wrote a poem to the discerners using song titles of the Beattles.

Posted Yesterday, 01:53 PM
[u][u]For the Discerners - Beatle Song Titles - A Song to Jesus [/u][/u]I hope you likee it"

"Do You Want to Know a Secret"

"I've Just Seen a Face"

"I Call Your Name"

"I Want to Tell You"

"Every Little Thing"

"Tell Me Why"

"You Know My Name"

"Tell Me What You See"

"I've Got a Feeling"

"The Two of Us"

"Ooh My Soul"

"All my Love"

"Its for You"

"Because"

"You really got a hold on me"

You Really Got a Hold on Me"

FutureSister2009

Ummm so I guess I'll share what's going on and where I am in discerment right now. We are working to have our discernment group meeting once a month. We are going to be open to all Vocations. I have decided that based on what's been going on with me lately that I am going to be open to whatever God sends to me. If He wants me in married life, I'll accept it, I just hope He's got someone perfect for me. And if He wants me in Religious Life, I'll accept that too. Whatever He wants, I'll do it. I only want to do His Will for me. I am here right now for a reason and I know God has more plans in store for me. I'm ready for them. He will show me what He wants when He knows that I'm ready.

Queen'sDaughter

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1323551095' post='2348680']
Ummm so I guess I'll share what's going on and where I am in discerment right now. We are working to have our discernment group meeting once a month. We are going to be open to all Vocations. I have decided that based on what's been going on with me lately that I am going to be open to whatever God sends to me. If He wants me in married life, I'll accept it, I just hope He's got someone perfect for me. And if He wants me in Religious Life, I'll accept that too. Whatever He wants, I'll do it. I only want to do His Will for me. I am here right now for a reason and I know God has more plans in store for me. I'm ready for them. He will show me what He wants when He knows that I'm ready.
[/quote]

Good for you! I hope that your decision to give it all to Him fills you with much peace.

FS, I am glad to hear that you are looking at the total picture and not just a partial view. I believe that is all that God asks for! There is no need to make any decisions right now. I hope you are contining on in school next semester. It seems to be a very good fit for you!