An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

I went back to my parish's Adoration Chapel this afternoon for the first time since it reopened! I hadn't really realized how much I missed it. Just being able to sit there with the Blessed Sacrament exposed at any time of the day or night. It is just so amesome!!!

Next time you go to Adoration, please tell Jesus that Joyful needs Him to guide her life and show her what He wants her to do with her life.

I'm going to go tell Him myself, too, in the online adoration link below in my quote. More helps. :)

Edited by JoyfulLife

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1323642251' post='2349310']
Next time you go to Adoration, please tell Jesus that Joyful needs Him to guide her life and show her what He wants her to do with her life.

I'm going to go tell Him myself, too, in the online adoration link below in my quote. More helps. :)
[/quote]
Will do!

FutureSister2009

We stopped our Friday Adoration here on campus two weeks ago so I have been going through deprivation. I can't wait to get home and go into my Adoration Chapel at my Parish. I miss it. I especially can't wait to see it decorated for Christmas!

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1323642251' post='2349310']

[/quote]
Will do!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1323481536' post='2348305']

They'd like for me to come and visit! Since my dad and grandma have tons of airline miles, I'm going to see if I can do during spring break or during the late summer!
[/quote]

Unfortunately, because I have to go to Canada for a French program, I don't think I can go this year. :( But next year, I"m sure I"ll get to go. All in God's time.

FutureSister2009

I have been hitting all kinds of bumps in my Vocation lately. Sometimes it's just like Okay God what are you trying to do to me? I try to accept it but it's stressful and confusing. I know He's got something in mind for me. He must. But I know He wants me to learn patience first and I try. I really do. I'm so glad I'll be on vacation tomorrow because I really need it. I hope that I get a chance to talk to my Sisters back at home and just mention some things that have been going on. I know they will be helpful and they'll pray for me.

Edited by FutureSister2009

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1323572485' post='2348886']
:hijack: Sorry guys, but here it is.

Can I PLEASE become a nun? Like soon-ish? PLEASE??? Everyday I want it more and more and more... [color=#ff0000]Not a day goes by where I don't wish I were already there, and I know a lot of you get that.[/color] I can't cope with the loud noise in the world any more. I feel like Jesus wants me as soon as I am able, but that is a long time away. I have been blessed to "know" at a young age, and I guess that comes with baggage. [color=#ff0000]Hard baggage that involves patience and coping which sometimes seems impossible[/color]. I know that being in the religious life is super hard too, and has it's own set of challenges, but I would embrace that for the silence. The silence with God that I so much desire... Every day, every minute, every second. Any advice?
[/quote]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]To help you pray this prayer:[/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]•I am going to reveal to you the secret of sanctity and happiness. Every day for five minutes control your imagination and close your eyes to all the noises of the world in order to enter into yourself. Then, in the sanctuary of your baptized soul (which is the temple of the Holy Spirit) speak to that Divine Spirit, saying to Him:[/font][/size]

[b]O Holy Spirit, beloved of my soul, I adore You.[/b]
[b]Enlighten me, guide me, strengthen me, console me. [/b]
[b]Tell me what I should do; give me Your orders. [/b]
[b]I promise to submit myself to all that You desire of me[/b]
[b]and to accept all that You permit to happen to me. [/b]
[b]Let me only know Your Will.[/b]

If you do this, your life will flow along happily, serenely, and full of consolation, even in the midst of trials. Grace will be proportioned to the trial, giving you the strength to carry it and you will arrive at the Gate of Paradise, laden with merit. This submission to the Holy Spirit is the secret of sanctity.

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Hopefully that'll help you with interior silence.[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif] [/font]

What I put in red I just want to comment on. I want to enter now too, but I don't want these days to vanish from me either. I have realized that we are going to miss our family and traditions while we are Sisters, so we will want to have memories for when we miss them. Not unless you have a great memory, most kids can only remember really well what they did as far back as when they were maybe six or seven. Now is the time to "make memories" and enjoy time with your family so that you can look back and remember and love and pray for them. Also, for me...[b] I DON'T MEAN YOU[/b] but I'm not spiritually ready. Religious life isn't exactly easy, but I know that you and all and all of us on VS can do it... but not all of us like me quite yet. :blush:

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]T[/font][font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]he second thing that I put in red I just want to say... pray, pray, pray! A daily Rosary has helped me so much! Also it is good to get into the practice of saying it and it is a beautiful way to pray![/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Claire... I pray for you so much and I know that everything will work out fine! God chose you for a reason and He loves you and I do too. :)[/font]

Edited by i<3LSOP

Random question but why are some people so offended by religious vocations?
I have a blog about my discernment and vocations because I can't really talk to my friends about it.
The last few days I've had a few comments from someone anonymous first telling me not to become a nun because, and I quote, "a life of virginity and serving 'god' is not natural" and now that I should "live for myself" rather than "some invisible entity that [I] can't see, hear or touch."
The first one I responded to very politely saying that I couldn't enter for a while anyway and then the formation would allow me to take plenty of time to make the final commitment. I resisted the temptation to make a smart comment (so so tempting) and just said I was sorry they couldn't see the beauty in the life. Then I got the second comment and I haven't responded yet.
It's just so frustrating. Why does this random person care so much about what I do with my life? If my decision offends them so much, stop reading my blog! :annoyed:

AccountDeleted

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1323945729' post='2351569']
Random question but why are some people so offended by religious vocations?
I have a blog about my discernment and vocations because I can't really talk to my friends about it.
The last few days I've had a few comments from someone anonymous first telling me not to become a nun because, and I quote, "a life of virginity and serving 'god' is not natural" and now that I should "live for myself" rather than "some invisible entity that [I] can't see, hear or touch."
The first one I responded to very politely saying that I couldn't enter for a while anyway and then the formation would allow me to take plenty of time to make the final commitment. I resisted the temptation to make a smart comment (so so tempting) and just said I was sorry they couldn't see the beauty in the life. Then I got the second comment and I haven't responded yet.
It's just so frustrating. Why does this random person care so much about what I do with my life? If my decision offends them so much, stop reading my blog! :annoyed:
[/quote]

Don't get defensive about it with others. Sometimes things are confronting for other people so they have to tear them down to stop the feeling in themselves and sometimes people just want to get a reaction out of another person. Your patience in explaining why you feel called to religious life and your persistence in maintaining your beliefs will either eventually help them to understand or they will go away. See it as another way to evangelise.

Why is this person reading your blog if he or she is so very hostile to the idea? Clearly they're a regular reader, and not just a drive-by commenter, because they came back for more. Maybe there is something in what you're writing that attracts them even though they can't understand it.

My advice would be to point out that Christians see the living Christ in every person - He is only intangible and invisible insofar as people are incapable of recognising the beauty and richness of ordinary life. Then thank the person for reading your blog and assure them of your prayers. Perhaps give them a few links (not too many - you don't want to overwhelm them!) to different communities of nuns so that they can see more about how sisters live their lives. I'd choose about three communities to share.

i<3franciscans

Okay so question.... I have been wanting to tell my mom for a while now that I am discerning religious life but if/when I do she will have this, "Dear, I told you so." kinda sweet motherly attitude. The thing with this is I have "known" way longer that her has. So what is my problem? Just pride or is this understandable? And one more thing, I don't want my parents to tell the world, but I don't see that not happening with college right around the corner. So any thoughts? Thanks! :)

AccountDeleted

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1323958287' post='2351624']
Okay so question.... I have been wanting to tell my mom for a while now that I am discerning religious life but if/when I do she will have this, "Dear, I told you so." kinda sweet motherly attitude. The thing with this is I have "known" way longer that her has. So what is my problem? Just pride or is this understandable? And one more thing, I don't want my parents to tell the world, but I don't see that not happening with college right around the corner. So any thoughts? Thanks! :)
[/quote]

I think it's sweet that your mother knows you so well! :) Share it with her - it's nice.