An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

AccountDeleted

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1324692289' post='2356643']
Oh if we're going to give our countdowns, then it's 25 days until I go to visit my Benedictines! :P
[/quote]

PS - and the really sweet thing is that the nuns of my last Carmel are all praying for me! The former Prioress and I write a lot, and the current Prioress was the sister who helped me the most while I was there, so I hear from them all the time with words of encouragement and support. I also write to the other Carmels, but they are in the UK and so I can't afford to send them little things all the time, like I do with the nuns here in Oz. I feel very blessed to have such close ties with Carmel and Benedictine nuns! :)

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1324683259' post='2356557']
Same number of days until my meeting with the Carmelite Prioress!
[/quote]

Ooooh that will be just 3 days after I enter then!

AccountDeleted

Good - you'll be praying for all of us then. :)

If you can get back online at all, we will no doubt be sharing our experiences when we all get back and hope you can be part of that, but if not, we understand.

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1324692811' post='2356646']
Good - you'll be praying for all of us then. :)

If you can get back online at all, we will no doubt be sharing our experiences when we all get back and hope you can be part of that, but if not, we understand.
[/quote]

I'll have to stick with the praying for this time. SrMJ is not opposed to me posting occasionally, but we both feel there should be a few months without it first.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1324693467' post='2356651']
I'll have to stick with the praying for this time. SrMJ is not opposed to me posting occasionally, but we both feel there should be a few months without it first.
[/quote]

Makes perfect sense. We'll miss you but then you'll miss us too! :)

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1324693992' post='2356658']
Makes perfect sense. We'll miss you but then you'll miss us too! :)
[/quote]

Does this apply to the "special friends" of Carmel as well?????

AccountDeleted

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1324703286' post='2356819']
Does this apply to the "special friends" of Carmel as well?????
[/quote]

Don't quite know what you mean here. Are the special friends of Carmel leaving us too?

[quote name='faithcecelia' timestamp='1324693467' post='2356651']
[/quote]

If soon I visit for longer and manage to meet you I'll let them know how you're doing. :D

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1324722272' post='2356901']
If soon I visit for longer and manage to meet you I'll let them know how you're doing. :D
[/quote]
Yay!
This is so exciting so many people starting count downs!!

I am 66 yrs of age next month - and Yayyy for countdowns to the big event. Death is full of mystery and a sense thus of a really great adventure somewhere ahead. Sometimes I long for death - sometimes I love this earth so much, the though of leaving it is sad. But one day the choice will be out of my hands and I need only respond - and The Lord who has never let me down is not about to start to do so at the end. I will have run the race - many hurdles, many crashes, many get ups and going again, there have been sighs and sadness, tears, laughter and joy, His Peace, in the great adventure that is life in the Hand of God.
But my joy is with all of you youngies and not so youngies who are ab[b]out to start a great adventure indeed in following His Call. [/b]
[b]Yayyy for all countdowns! I just had to get in on the act and all the joy and anticipation! :bananarap: [/b]

AccountDeleted

[quote name='BarbaraTherese' timestamp='1324799913' post='2357331']
I am 66 yrs of age next month - and Yayyy for countdowns to the big event. Death is full of mystery and a sense thus of a really great adventure somewhere ahead. Sometimes I long for death - sometimes I love this earth so much, the though of leaving it is sad. But one day the choice will be out of my hands and I need only respond - and The Lord who has never let me down is not about to start to do so at the end. I will have run the race - many hurdles, many crashes, many get ups and going again, there have been sighs and sadness, tears, laughter and joy, His Peace, in the great adventure that is life in the Hand of God.
But my joy is with all of you youngies and not so youngies who are ab[b]out to start a great adventure indeed in following His Call. [/b]
[b]Yayyy for all countdowns! I just had to get in on the act and all the joy and anticipation! :bananarap: [/b]
[/quote]

Sounds like someone has had a little bit of liquid Christmas cheer :P

Since our Holy Father in is in his eighties, it may be that you too have quite a long life ahead of you.

And I worked with people in their nineties in the hostel, so you could have half a lifetime still to live.....??

So I wouldn't be anticipating death quite so soon! lol

I'm not counting myself down and out just because of a chronological age on the calendar. Only God knows the hour and day, so I am living each day as the first day of the rest of my life. I know the old saying to live each day as if it's your last, and one day it will be, but I certainly am not starting a countdown for something I have no control over! :)

But if your countdown to 66 makes you feel part of the 'young crowd' who are discerning, I won't rain on your parade! :)

Thanks nunsene for not 'raining on my parade' amongst all these beautiful people and finding a way to muscle in on the joyful parade. Nahh we dont know the hour indeed. Talking to my son tonight and teasing him that I would probably be a senile and problematic 95yr old mother giving both my sons the headaches of a lifetime!
Oh, and about the Christmas Cheer - I made again homemade Baileys but somehow more brandy went it this year. I have already finished one bottle and made two for the price of one over-the-counter Baileys. I used to be a REAL brandy drinker so I appreciated my recipe mistake............if no one else has done so and left the drinking to me. And if I dont take my medication and go to bed there will be a Bipolar disaster which leaves a home made Baileys disaster in the shade. Ah well its Christmas Night for us and a great day it has been in every single way. Thank you, Lord, for home made Baileys and recipe mistakes!

OK gals and guys, I'll sign out of the parade now and behave meself - take me medication like a dutiful Bipolar and lay off the second bottle of Baileys!.............Barb :bananarap:

AccountDeleted

Nothing wrong with a little Christmas *hic* cheer, unless of course, you are posting online at the same time :P Then it gets a bit dangerous :) Good night and God bless.

:cheers2: :cheers: :beer: :drunk: