An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Random Vocations Chat Type Of Thread

vee

Mary's Margaret

Nunsense, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have taken much encouragement from your postings and thank you for your openness in sharing your journey. God bless you. I look forward to hearing more as you move forward.

AccountDeleted

[quote name='Mary's Margaret' timestamp='1325818353' post='2363791']
Nunsense, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I have taken much encouragement from your postings and thank you for your openness in sharing your journey. God bless you. I look forward to hearing more as you move forward.
[/quote]

When I get back (I fly back to Oz on Feb 10th), then I will be more forthcoming about the community and my discernment. I just want to give the community a chance to get to know me before I make myself vulnerable to possible attacks by unknown persons who have tried to cause problems for me in the past. Then, if anyone tries to contact the community about me, they will at least have their own experience and opinions to rely on rather than the word of a stranger who had never even met me! I know it might sound a little paranoid but 'once bitten, twice shy' and this has happened to me before.

Besides, when I get back, I will know about the community personally instead of just from emails and the opinion of others so I will feel better able to describe them. I am glad to be going but also glad to have the time to come back and reflect as well. Things are moving along beautifully, slow and steady - much different from my previous discernment experiences. This feels right.

Thanks for your good wishes! :)

Guest hermanita

[quote name='nunsense' timestamp='1325818642' post='2363795']
When I get back (I fly back to Oz on Feb 10th), then I will be more forthcoming about the community and my discernment. I just want to give the community a chance to get to know me before I make myself vulnerable to possible attacks by unknown persons who have tried to cause problems for me in the past. Then, if anyone tries to contact the community about me, they will at least have their own experience and opinions to rely on rather than the word of a stranger who had never even met me! I know it might sound a little paranoid but 'once bitten, twice shy' and this has happened to me before.

Besides, when I get back, I will know about the community personally instead of just from emails and the opinion of others so I will feel better able to describe them. I am glad to be going but also glad to have the time to come back and reflect as well. Things are moving along beautifully, slow and steady - much different from my previous discernment experiences. This feels right.

Thanks for your good wishes! :)
[/quote]

Dear Nunsense,

I pray ..and know..that your faith and courage will be rewarded and honored by He Whom you love and Who loves you more.

Thank God that He is so much bigger than us.

hermanita

Guest hermanita

[b] [url="http://www.monialesop.org/2012/01/looking-forward-to-solemn-profession.html"]Looking Forward to Solemn Profession![/url][/b]

[b] 04 January 2012[/b]

[center][url="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e6oiMnjSzkI/TwRalv5JHmI/AAAAAAAADgc/qy2T7-lHGHM/s1600/sma+.jpg"][img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-e6oiMnjSzkI/TwRalv5JHmI/AAAAAAAADgc/qy2T7-lHGHM/s320/sma+.jpg[/img][/url][/center]On February 2, 2012 at the Mass of the Presentation of the Lord, 10: 30 AM, our Sr. Mary Amata of Jesus, OP will make her Solemn Profession as a Nun of the Order of Preachers!

This will be the first Solemn Profession in 13 years and we are so excited, not to mention how excited Sr. Mary Amata is!

Sr. Mary Amata made Perpetual Profession in 2000 as Dominican Contemplative Sister of the Monastery of Mt. Thabor in Ortonville, MI. Her Solemn Profession will incorporate her into the Order of Preachers and make her a full member of our monastic community.

There will be no 7:15 AM Mass on February 2nd. You are invited to attend Sr. Mary Amata's Solemn Profession. If you know you will be coming could you drop us an email at [email="info@summitdominicans.org"][color="#990000"]info@summitdominicans.org[/color][/email] to let us know you will be with us? This will help the sisters in charge of planning for the reception after the Mass and Profession.

Most of all, please pray for Sr. Mary Amata as she prepares for this amazing gift of God of total consecration to Him!
[url="http://www.monialesop.org/2012/01/looking-forward-to-solemn-profession.html"][color="#990000"]Read more...[/color][/url]

Posted by Moniales at [url="http://www.monialesop.org/2012/01/looking-forward-to-solemn-profession.html"]Wednesday, January 04, 2012[/url] [url="http://www.monialesop.org/2012/01/looking-forward-to-solemn-profession.html#links"], Links to this post[/url] [url="http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8709785&postID=3915592940624165211&isPopup=true"], 8 comm[/url]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1325882353' post='2364083']
Mater, may I PM with you for a little bit? Being as you are co-spiritual director and all...
[/quote]

I've already PM'd JoyfulLife, but I wanted to say this for the benefit of others as well:

I am only a Co-Spiritual Director in the context of my CRHP group. I am not trained in the area of spiritual direction, but there to provide support to the women who attend the CRHP retreats. Because of this, if you ask me a question, I will try to answer, but I am not a professional. Please seek proper counsel from your personal spiritual director or a priest if it is a pressing matter. Thanks! :)

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1325894648' post='2364183']
I've already PM'd JoyfulLife, but I wanted to say this for the benefit of others as well:

I am only a Co-Spiritual Director in the context of my CRHP group. I am not trained in the area of spiritual direction, but there to provide support to the women who attend the CRHP retreats. Because of this, if you ask me a question, I will try to answer, but I am not a professional. Please seek proper counsel from your personal spiritual director or a priest if it is a pressing matter. Thanks! :)
[/quote]

Hey MM! I've been meaning to ask you for a long, long, time--what is CRHP? I've never heard of it before! It sounds like you've flourished there with your work, and I am just curious as to what it is! :)

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1325894648' post='2364183']

[/quote]

Well it sounds as if you're in the process of getting a little training/experience in Spiritual Direction.

Is that the same as a full-on intensive spiritual direction training course? No. But is it something? Yes.

I am totally brainstorming here, and feel more than free to tell me to go jump in a lake, but a while back, before all that with the RSMs, you were talking about maybe someday looking into becoming a spiritual director (as a layperson).

But given how rich your experience with CHRP seems to be, that could be a hint to consider that path some more, of becoming a spiritual director. At some point. Down the road. (I think many of the full-on intensive spiritual direction training courses won't accept students who are younger than 40-45. So, ummm, you got time to think about it.)

OnlySunshine

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1325905006' post='2364266']
Hey MM! I've been meaning to ask you for a long, long, time--what is CRHP? I've never heard of it before! It sounds like you've flourished there with your work, and I am just curious as to what it is! :)
[/quote]

CRHP stands for [url="http://www.mycrhp.org/MYCRHP/Welcome.html"]Christ Renews His Parish[/url]. It was just introduced to our parish in September 2011 and I was one of the ones blessed to be on the very first retreat EVER. It has been an amazing journey! I just did my witness review this past Tuesday and the former leader (who is now a Co-Spiritual Director with me and 3 other women) told my mom on Thursday, through tears, that she thought that I had a blessed insight into what God wants for me at this stage in my life. It warmed my heart to hear that. :love:

Our next women's retreat is in March, so please pray for us. I am presenting my witness to the formation team this coming Tuesday. I can't wait!

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1325907217' post='2364288']
Well it sounds as if you're in the process of getting a little training/experience in Spiritual Direction.

Is that the same as a full-on intensive spiritual direction training course? No. But is it something? Yes.

I am totally brainstorming here, and feel more than free to tell me to go jump in a lake, but a while back, before all that with the RSMs, you were talking about maybe someday looking into becoming a spiritual director (as a layperson).

But given how rich your experience with CHRP seems to be, that could be a hint to consider that path some more, of becoming a spiritual director. At some point. Down the road. (I think many of the full-on intensive spiritual direction training courses won't accept students who are younger than 40-45. So, ummm, you got time to think about it.)
[/quote]

I would never tell you to jump in a lake! :hehe2:

You are absolutely right, though. I do feel called by God to be a Spiritual Director for my diocese later on in life, when I'm a little more mature and have more stability. I'm not sure what the requirements are for my diocese, but I will look into it soon. I know that we have had some lay spiritual directors before, but they are no longer around or available. We desperately need some here. I live in a strong Protestant area, so there are not many Catholic resources to be had. Thanks for the compliment! :like:

FutureSister2009

I just want to share a funny story that happened today. I was going to Church with my grandmother to help her practice with the children's choir. When we were walking in, we were talking about how we have hardly any Sisters, just three of them living in the convent and two working in the school. I said "Well Sr. Jessica needs to get her teaching certificate". And as soon as I said that, Sr. Jessica came walking out of the school. I was like "Oh and speaking of Sr. Jessica! We were just talking about you!" We all laughed. But in all seriousness, I meant what I said. I've come to realize that she should have gone away to college before entering the convent. I used to think she did the smart thing by not going to college but now I see she should have done it. She can't even teach the kids. She has to be an aide. I'm glad I'm having the experience and I wish she could've had the experience I'm having.

I have felt now for about ½ year that God wants me to talk to a Sister about my vocation. I have known her for about two years and she was transferred in July. This past weekend I volunteered at the home she is now at and was going to say something but did not. Then our 1-0-0 y.o. Sister died and she came to pay her respects. I was then thinking of saying something to her today but I did not have time with playing at Mass, being a waitress...etc. I know that she has gotten my letters and I am thinking about writing her one. I’ve asked on Sr. Marie this too. Would you prefer to be approached about a girl’s vocation by letter or in person? She is a sweetheart and either way I think would be fine, but what’s your personal opinion?

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='i<3LSOP' timestamp='1326422443' post='2368132']
I have felt now for about ½ year that God wants me to talk to a Sister about my vocation. I have known her for about two years and she was transferred in July. This past weekend I volunteered at the home she is now at and was going to say something but did not. Then our 1-0-0 y.o. Sister died and she came to pay her respects. I was then thinking of saying something to her today but I did not have time with playing at Mass, being a waitress...etc. I know that she has gotten my letters and I am thinking about writing her one. I’ve asked on Sr. Marie this too. Would you prefer to be approached about a girl’s vocation by letter or in person? She is a sweetheart and either way I think would be fine, but what’s your personal opinion?
[/quote]
Love ya, and I am praying for you, chica. Definitely write a letter. Don't wait unless you have to.

Edited by FutureCarmeliteClaire

Hello :)
I´m new here, but I´m reading the vocation station since months....
finally, I made an account, so I can post, too :)
I´m discerning religious life since I´m 14 years old, and that is a long time ago ;)
So, I hope, I can learn much about religious life and so on here on phatmass!! :)