An Old School Catholic Message Board

Blaster Worm

rachael

IcePrincessKRS

You're welcome Flowery. :) My camera is pretty much glued in my hands if I'm not holding Adrienne or on the computer because if I'm not holding her I'm taking pictures of her. :lol:

IcePrincessKRS

So why are you not posting more pics of the munchkin?

hehe Ok, you twisted my arm... I'm now convinced I need to post more pictures of her.

***scampers off to prepare a couple more pictures to post***

IcePrincessKRS

:D  :lol:

didn't take much  :lol:  :lol: twisting

lol Yeah, true, but you have to remember you're talking to the person who started a thread to shamelessly brag about her baby. :D

littleflower+JMJ

hey having a baby gives you a lifelong license for bragging that only mothers can have (oh fathers too of course!) and shamelessly do

Theologian in Training

You don't have to mount anything. If all the PC's are in one room, just run the wire. Also, wired is about 5 times faster than wireless.

If you have the PC's in other rooms, then wireless would be slowed even more because of the walls.

If you want to run the wire behind the walls, it is really easy, punch a small hole, buy a wire running tape (long thin piece of metal), you attach the wire to one end, then 'fish' it through to the other end wherever you have the other hole. You can put one of the plastic face plates on the hole to make it look pretty.

Check this site out: http://www.linksys.com/edu/

Of course since they sell wireless, they are not going to tell you the downside of it.... I suggest wired. If you want to be able to easily move around the house with your computer, don't use credit cards online, and you don't mind slower speed, then go with wireless.

God Bless!

ironmonk

Actually, I am not a big fan of Linksys, especially since it died one fine day after only 6 months, maybe a little more of uptime. On the other hand, I set up a netgear router gateway with a switch, so I can share the ADSL connection to the 3 computers, and have had absolutely no problems. Granted, it is pointless to have going when my brother and I are away at school, but when we come home we connect the network cable to the computer and router and surf in no time.

Therefore, I recommend Netgear.

God Bless

littleflower+JMJ

well my school is wireless and they use linksys so both input will help guys...

so your on wireless theo?

oh and also my network will consist of pcs that are all in different sections of the house so their not all in the same room :(

I've dealt with multiple Linksys routers, and we haven't had any trouble with them. I'd say about 6 or 7 of them.

Running the CAT 5 cable is pretty easy, it's 5x faster than wireless, it's less than 1/3 of the cost, and it's much more secure. If you do any shopping online or view any bank info.... go wired. A little time and effort in running the wire and you'll be much happier (plus, it would add value to the your house).

Running the CAT 5 is pretty much like running speaker wire. You can have a wire up to 300 feet long. You can get everything you need at radio shack, but it is cheaper getting the stuff online, places like:

http://www.cyberguys.com/

If you do go wireless, make sure that you change all the default settings, and email me, I'll send you all the links for securing your network.

God Bless!

ironmonk