An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm A Godfather!

Dave

That's amesome! My younger sister asked me to be her Confirmation sponsor last year, so that's pretty close! ;) It's such an amesome responsibility to be asked to help in his spiritual formation...

All for the Immaculata,

Katrina

IcePrincessKRS

Is 20 too young to be a Godfather??

Nope, I became a Godmother when I was 18. :) Now Jimmy is almost 5. Kinda hard to believe its been that long!

Alot of Godparents and Godchildren have a really close relationship, too. I have a "special" bond with my Godmother. She's my aunt, but my relationship with her has alot of differences than the realtionships I have with my other aunts and uncles. Now that I'm older, instead of her just praying for me we pray for EACH OTHER, hopefully some day I'll have that same kind of spiritual bond with Jimmy. :)

(I pray for all my family, but the prayers for my Godson and Godmother kind of fall in a different category... I'm not really sure how to explain it.)

Being a Godmother is one of the very best and important things in my life.

You're going to be an amesome Godparent, congrats!

Aww... congratulations at becoming a Godfather. Granted, that's about all I can say without being sounding like something already posted. :)

A priest I met in Africa during WYD kept in touch with me. About a month ago, he asked me to be the Godmother of his beautiful baby niece to be closer to Africa in spirit and such.

It's such an honour!! :D

//Edit//

I met him at WYD in Canada, and he's FROM Africa.

Edited by Lynne

My godmother is my aunt, and we have a very close bond, and its only through christ, that is the only thing we ever have to talk about, so its good. But i actually have a question, if a god parent have more then one Godchild, does that mean you have a god sibling?

I gotta bump this up again. I'm hoping Jake will read this, and I'd love to see what he thinks about my godson's obsession with gigantic spiders and killing them! Heck, we all know he doesn't like spiders!

cmotherofpirl

DAve I have been spending every evening and early morning watching my kids build a car engine. Our wooden garage is 101 years old and filled with spiders. The other niight I dozed off while leaning on the old honda. When I awoke I discovered the little tiny spiders had made my arm art of their web.