An Old School Catholic Message Board

What My Faith Means To Me....

littleflower+JMJ

littleflower+JMJ

i want to hear what, how and in what ways is your faith important to you.....

is your faith and God first on your list or last?

good thing to question....right?

i answered this question in a essay i had to write...but in my own unformal words i have to say it means everything. how i act, talk, pray and live my life. i also take very seriously because it s a big part of who i am. i love my faith and what it stands for because that is the ultimate truth that anyone can find...

God BLess!

+JMJ

my essay...

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?s...&st=0entry916

Edited by littleflower+JMJ

GodsThespianChic

What my faith means to me...in 1 word: everything!

Without my faith, I would be dead...

Maybe I'll post my story one day...But faith is everything in my life...although I sometimes may not put God first, (I mean, come on, we all do it once in a while) He is still everything I have....

my faith? that means that I don't have to explain myself to anyone...it means that I don't have to live for anyone or anything ESP. LABELS, that I ONLY have to live for God!

littleflower+JMJ

my faith? that means that I don't have to explain myself to anyone...it means that I don't have to live for anyone or anything ESP. LABELS, that I ONLY have to live for God!

good answer.....good answer!!

Searcher825

Hmm.. as said before Faith is everything. It depends on how you look at faith too. During NT times faith was looked at as your relationship with God.. not just your belief. I think they go hand in hand, your belief and your relationship with God. My relationship with God, my faith, is absoutlely everything. If I did not have a relationship with Him I would not be able to make it through the day. Even at times when I'm not happy with God, or confused at what the heck He's doing.. He is still working... our relationship is still there. He holds onto me so tight..and just when I think I tear away from Him, I'm made aware that He's holding me closer than I can imangine. It's so so amazing. But also my faith, my belief, that God is guiding me and He is here for me is the very thing that moves me to do anything. The comfort that I get from the belief that no matter how hard I fall, no matter how much I try to pull away from Him, He's right there pulling me back. He's always holding onto me, protecting me, comforting me, guiding me, laughing with me, crying with me, and leading me where He wants me to go...is everything to me.

There are many things I need to work on. Sometimes I end up going and calling someone when things get tough before I'm on my knees in prayer. Sometimes, when things get tough, instead of praising God for His glory and amesomeness and trusting that He is holding me in the palm of His hand.. I chew Him out for not helping out the way I want Him to, or I despair and ask "Why didn't You do this? Where were You?" Sometimes I watch Tv instead of praying. Or turn my alarm clock off when it goes off for Mass instead of getting out of bed. But those are all things I'm working on. I want to put God first, and I'm getting there. But it's a struggle... and He's right there with me the whole way :lol:

Edited by Searcher825

you can count me as your side kick!...I'll always be here for all of you guys on PM...if you ever need anything, just ask...I promise I'll do my best to see what I can do!

GodsThespianChic

Same here guys, I'll listen (or rather read) any time. If you ever need to vent, you can IM me on hOt LiL eAgLe or email me at ItalianBaby5@mail2sexy.com.

Or just PM me! I'll be here for anyone that needs me!

yea my SN is Angel03Panda.......my email addy is GodsGrace03@mail2worship.com & I'll be online to PM you if you want!