An Old School Catholic Message Board

Franciscans

franciscanheart

Little Flower

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312663351' post='2282547']
OOps... yeah. :doh: blonde moment. I am about 4 chappies in and reading about Lady Poverty. Depending on my nun run, I could be visiting either Cleveland (PCCs) or Boston (FSPs). And we have regular Poor Clares in Memphrika, so I could always swing by. :smile4:
[/quote]
I get the name mixed up all the time. I looked at the book before I replied! I would love to do a real nun run (like visit a ton of places all at once) but all ive ever been able to do is one at a time. And I've only visited a few places (MC's in Tijuana, SSFPA in Mishawaka IN, Dominicans in Summit NJ, and soon Carmelites DCJ in East Chicago IN) Better than nothing tho! the cleveland pccs send me some stuff in the mail! I think Im gonna get in touch with them. i think if i were to be a poor clare i would rather be a pcpa tho. not that i know much about either lol

franciscanheart

Y'all are precious. Prayers for all my sister (and brother) Franciscans! (And okay, everyone else too. Haha!) :nun2:

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1312561566' post='2281964']
Finally started reading "A Reason to be Merry". Don't want to put it down, but hiding it from my mom is a must.

:love: this book.

I hope I'll have another letter in my mailbox when I check it, or at least soon!, from the CPCCs, as I've dubbed them. :dance4:
[/quote]

Such a fantastic book! I got a copy from my church's library when I was cleaning it out. It helped me understand the cloistered and contemplative life much better!

i<3franciscans

Not to brag......... but I am spending a week with the CFRs in 2 DAYS!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!! Prayers for all of you! :nun1:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1313092600' post='2286067']
Not to brag......... but I am spending a week with the CFRs in 2 DAYS!!!!!!! I am so excited!!!! Prayers for all of you! :nun1:
[/quote]

So lucky! I love those CFRs! I am going to see them later this year, though, for a weekend. ;)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1313096166' post='2286103']

So lucky! I love those CFRs! I am going to see them later this year, though, for a weekend. ;)
[/quote]
They are so amazing and so so holy!!!!! I am by side myself with joy!

• 2 weeks later...
franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1313096166' post='2286103']

[/quote]
I'm jealous. :(

[quote name='i<3franciscans' timestamp='1313096265' post='2286105']
They are so amazing and so so holy!!!!! I am by side myself with joy!
[/quote]
How was your time with them?

OnlySunshine

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1314391133' post='2295427']
[/quote]

Aw, don't be jealous! Have you heard back from Sr. Francis? I never did hear if you got further with them in the application process for the "Come and See."

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1314408294' post='2295605']
Aw, don't be jealous! Have you heard back from Sr. Francis? I never did hear if you got further with them in the application process for the "Come and See."
[/quote]
No, I haven't heard back. I'm being patient with the Lord and working through some things in my spiritual life. I have also started school again. Please pray for me! I pray for each of you daily. :nun1:

And because it just doesn't feel like on my posts anymore if I don't add her, here she is: :nun2:

franciscanheart

Is it just me or does it seem as though Franciscans are far outnumbered by Dominicans? Is it just that Dominicans - by their own choice, doing, action, etc or not - are more visible than Franciscans? Poor Clares and the like aside, Franciscans are relatively "unseen" it seems.

I've noticed in talking with many in my area that Franciscans hardly ever hit the radar unless they're talking about "The Prayer of St Francis". Has anyone else had a similar experience?

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1314910556' post='2298792']
Is it just me or does it seem as though Franciscans are far outnumbered by Dominicans? Is it just that Dominicans - by their own choice, doing, action, etc or not - are more visible than Franciscans? Poor Clares and the like aside, Franciscans are relatively "unseen" it seems.

I've noticed in talking with many in my area that Franciscans hardly ever hit the radar unless they're talking about "The Prayer of St Francis". Has anyone else had a similar experience?
[/quote]

Huh, I always thought the opposite. I always thought that there were more Franciscans in the world. In this state alone, we don't have many religious orders, but we have 3 Franciscan orders out of the 12 that are here. On the Deo Est Gloria website, there are 168 Franciscan communities as opposed to 56 Dominican communities in the US alone. :)

franciscanheart

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1314912085' post='2298810']

Huh, I always thought the opposite. I always thought that there were more Franciscans in the world. In this state alone, we don't have many religious orders, but we have 3 Franciscan orders out of the 12 that are here. On the Deo Est Gloria website, there are 168 Franciscan communities as opposed to 56 Dominican communities in the US alone. :)
[/quote]
Interesting. I wonder what that equals out to in numbers. I'm thinking, btw, along the lines of those who are actually called Franciscan, not necessarily those who have the Franciscan spirituality. Am I making sense?

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1315340438' post='2301211']
Interesting. I wonder what that equals out to in numbers. I'm thinking, btw, along the lines of those who are actually called Franciscan, not necessarily those who have the Franciscan spirituality. Am I making sense?
[/quote]

Yeah, you are right. The Sister Servants of the Most Sacred Heart are Franciscan spirituality but do not have the Franciscan name included in their title. The Sister Servants of the Eternal Word are both Dominican and Franciscan and aren't included in either. That's interesting that I didn't think of that. :)

i<3franciscans

[quote name='franciscanheart' timestamp='1314391133' post='2295427']

How was your time with them?
[/quote]

It was in short amazing!!! I had never met them before, just the friars. The sisters were everything I had hoped they would be and so much more!!!! They are so personable and filled with so much energy and joy!!!! We went boating one day... that is an experience I will never forget!!! Sr. Felicity insisted on rowing the entire time, so we ended up just going in circles for about an hour. :hehe2:
We had a lot of meals together which was really nice. I love just being in their presence and marveling at their constant joy and humor....
And of course we prayed a lot. Their spirituality is soooo beautiful and inspiring. I love the fact that they have a daily holy hour. <3 Sr. Kelly Francis (I love her name!!!!) was a wonderful example. As a novice, you could truly see her child like faith in Jesus. She was so ready to listen to anything that Sr. Felicity had to say. It was beautiful watching them interact with each other. :love:
After they confirmed the fact that their entrance is 21, I know that I have a long wait ahead of me, but I am okay with that. I am just realizing how young I really am... if that makes sense.
Spending a week with the sisters was such a blessing. I am more excited than ever to see what God has in store for my future! Please keep me in your prayers.

Peace!
i<3f.