Sign in to follow this  
JTheresa

The Ppc

CatherineM
Every time we do one of these, the boys invade.

This is my idea of a great treehouse.

[img]http://www.maldives-holiday-direct.co.uk/Images/diva-beach-hammock.jpg[/img]

vee
[quote name='IgnatiusofLoyola' date='07 July 2010 - 06:33 PM' timestamp='1278545598' post='2139089']
Another question would be whether members of the Community of the same charism would live together, or whether charisms would be "mixed." We like to tease Vee8 that the Carmelites might prefer to live all together, so that they have a private place to shed their "buckets of holy tears" all night, while others of us got a good night's sleep. [/quote]

Lets have cells right next to each other! :saint: :grouphug: Hmm I dont know where you might get a good sleep what with the Franciscans up all night singing :guitar: , the Dominicans debating or preaching, the Carmelites crying or who knows what... maybe the Benedictines might be quiet enough for you :scratchhead:

JTheresa
[quote name='Hilde' date='07 July 2010 - 07:41 PM' timestamp='1278546113' post='2139095']
How about we brew some trappist beer in this dominican franciscan order of carmel.
[/quote]
:cheers:

We also have some friendly monks who have offered to make our coffee for us...

[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_bc3GmDzJFV0/StX6GuzKKsI/AAAAAAAAAYE/OlIJ-qsE_ZA/s400/index_12.jpg[/img]
10% of their sales are donated to Birthright, "a loving alternative to abortion". :love:

:coffee: mmhmm. Edited by JTheresa

JTheresa
Finally!! I found a decent picture of a cell:

[img]http://www.carmelslc.org/pk3bu.jpg[/img]

It's just missing a desk.

Mary Veronica
What is the age range? I'm 14, and I want to be a Ppc right away. Edited by Mary Veronica

Mary Veronica
Also do aspirants have to take a psychological test? and should it be a PMer that gives that test?

Any particular perequisites? like do we have to know how to dance :twist: to be a Franciscan? or have a future potential for fatal-illnesses to be a Carmelite :sick:?

krissylou
Benedictines should be in charge of the guest house, and setting out prayer books (with bookmarks! Those things are confusing!) for guests in the chapel.

The Poor Clares and Carmelites can hide behind the cloister if they want. :)

I wanna be an oblate.

Hilde
We should totally make this reality! :woot:

Brewing beer, living in a tree house, hanging out with you guys all the time and devoting my life to God seems like a good deal to me!

What food shall we eat. Maybe the carmel peeps want to eat vegetarian but should we serve different to different people?

vee
[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='07 July 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1278551719' post='2139126']
What is the age range? I'm 14, and I want to be a Ppc right away.
[/quote]

Go ask the pope there Therese

vee
[quote name='Hilde' date='07 July 2010 - 09:20 PM' timestamp='1278555658' post='2139152']

Brewing beer, living in a tree house, hanging out with you guys all the time and devoting my life to God seems like a good deal to me!

What food shall we eat. Maybe the carmel peeps want to eat vegetarian but should we serve different to different people?
[/quote]

Sushi is not a vegetable.

Mary Veronica
[quote name='vee8' date='08 July 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1278556846' post='2139161']
Go ask the pope there Therese
[/quote]

:bye: don't think I won't mother superior

Mary Veronica
[quote name='vee8' date='08 July 2010 - 12:12 AM' timestamp='1278556963' post='2139163']
[/quote]

wasabi :eat:

IgnatiusofLoyola
[quote name='Mary Veronica' date='07 July 2010 - 08:15 PM' timestamp='1278551719' post='2139126']
What is the age range? I'm 14, and I want to be a Ppc right away.
[/quote]

It's an imaginary Order--all of us are between the ages of 18 and 35, whether or not that is true in real life.
So, you're good. No one will be turned down because of age.

Mary Veronica
[quote name='Hilde' date='07 July 2010 - 11:50 PM' timestamp='1278555658' post='2139152']

[/quote]

not all Carmel peeps eat only vegeys, the Carmelite hermit peeps obstain from meat in general but eat donated meat. at my 2 wk live-in, we were given Chinese food. :dancer2: we actually opened our fortune cookies, and mine said "devotion is necessary for commitment." THAT was the coolest secular message I've ever gotten from a cookie :sadder:....shall we say Bless the Lord! Edited by Mary Veronica

IgnatiusofLoyola
[quote name='vee8' date='07 July 2010 - 09:42 PM' timestamp='1278556963' post='2139163']
[/quote]

Well, there is such a thing as vegetarian sushi.

Vegetarian diets will be available to those who wish them--whether that is the rule of your Order or your personal preference. But meat (including red meat) will be on the menu, as well. Sister Cook, as well as being an excellent cook, is also very flexible. Ideally, though, we'd eat our meals together.

If we want to follow a stricter diet on Fridays, and perhaps during Lent and maybe even Advent, is something we will have to decide. But, I know I'd be very unhappy with some of the penitential practices of the Passionists, for example, who give up fruit and vegetables during the summer. Those who want to follow stricter practices with regard to what they eat, are free to do so. Then it would serve as an even greater penance for Sisters who chose to limit what they ate, if they were sitting among Sisters who are eating more than they do. (Again, I'm not talking lavish meals--when I say meat, I mean beef stew, or chicken casserole, tacos, so very tasty and good for you, and yes, Hilde, meatloaf, with special meals on feast days and to a lesser extent on Sundays.)

My preference would be that serving liver and all other organ meats would be against the rule of the community, because it would cause grave offense to certain Sisters (namely me). However, as a compromise, if some Sisters LOVE on a few days of the year, those sisters could have have organ meats in the refectory, while the rest of us hade a take-out pizza party (including coagulated milk pizza for the vegetarians) and banana splits at my hermitage.

We'll have to discuss whether meals are taken in silence with someone doing a reading of some author other than Saint Therese ,or whether talking would be allowed, perhaps at dinner and on Sundays.