An Old School Catholic Message Board

I'm Really Feeling Hurt

Dave

I'm really feeling as though I'm not truly a part of the phamily (and no, dUSt, it has nothing to do with your pregnancy announcement ;)). I feel invisible and that I don't belong. In the past, when posters have started threads about how they had a baby, got married, got engaged, were received into the Church, celebrated their birthday, etc., they always got many responses congratulating them. Well, I started a thread announcing that I had become a godfather, and all I've received are 3 replies, not counting the times I replied to my own thread. I thank those of you who responded, but not getting more really hurts my feelings; it makes me feel like no one really cares.

Normally I probably wouldn't think too much about it, except for the fact that this isn't the first time I've felt this way during my time as a phorum member. Back in late March, when we had the old phorum, my grandmother died. Back then, you could respond to the prayer requests that people made. Well, I put in a prayer request for the repose of her soul, and ONLY 1 OR 2 PEOPLE RESPONDED! I was CRUSHED that my phamily as a whole wasn't there for me to offer their condolences and prayers in my time of loss!

I'm sorry to get so upset; I love you all, but this is the way that I feel.

cmotherofpirl

Dave I am sorry I didn't respond to your announcement.

I read everybody's posts and pray for everybody here, I just don't always post it.

I am glad you are a godfather.

Are you going to post a picture?

Aww, c'mon. Cheer up.

Everybody feels blue sometime or another.

Anyway, you're still "technically" just a "Peep". hahaha Just kidding. I personally value your contribution to this phorum tremendously. You're one of the few that actually took the time to put up some defense against our recent Presbyterian friend.

One thing is for sure. I'm glad you're letting us know how you feel instead of just leaving, because we certainly don't want that!

And about the prayer board. I know for a fact that a lot of people felt unconfortable replying to prayer requests, as they felt it was appropriate simply to pray, so rest assured you had a lot more prayers than replies. That's the main reason I made replying to the current prayer board infunctional.

Don't fret. Turn that frown around.

God bless.

Hey dude,

Sorry for not saying anything abt you being a Godpa, didnt see it.

Anyways hope itisnt too late to say congratulations.

Dun feel so bad. Billions (ok I exagerate) of my posts have no replies.

HUgz and Kisses!

First of all, I think I owe everyone on the phorum an apology. Judging from the response I've gotten to my godfather thread, I now see that I underestimated everybody!

Dave I am sorry I didn't respond to your announcement.

I read everybody's posts and pray for everybody here, I just don't always post it.

I am glad you are a godfather.

Are you going to post a picture?

Well, cmom, now you have responded, so I guess that's all moot now. :lol: As I said earlier, I can't provide a picture without a scanner.

I personally value your contribution to this phorum tremendously. You're one of the few that actually took the time to put up some defense against our recent Presbyterian friend.

Oh man, I'm getting choked up just reading that!

And about the prayer board. I know for a fact that a lot of people felt unconfortable replying to prayer requests, as they felt it was appropriate simply to pray, so rest assured you had a lot more prayers than replies. That's the main reason I made replying to the current prayer board infunctional.

Well, if they prayed for me, then that's all I could've asked for! :D

Oh... and you made Church Militant in record time! That's got to count for something!

Awwwww . . . I'm flattered, dUSt! You're making me blush!

Oh... and I have had MANY posts that receive ZERO replies. It happens.

Yeah, well, it's different if you post some big, happy, wonderful news that you want to share and no one replies.

We are called to be salt. When salt is good it is not directly noticed. But what would food taste like without salt? Not everyone can be the meat and potatoes. You should not expect to be the meat and potato’s either. Be humble and satisfied with being the salt. Myself I’m just happy to be a part of the phamily even if I only play a small part. Just because people do not respond doesn’t mean that they do not care. The truth of the matter is that Phatmass is not a good place to get your emotional needs met. It’s a good place to have some fun, learn, evangelize and be challenged to follow Jesus. But in all truth it is not a adequate family.

We are called to be salt. When salt is good it is not directly noticed. But what would food taste like without salt? Not everyone can be the meat and potatoes. You should not expect to be the meat and potato’s either. Be humble and satisfied with being the salt. Myself I’m just happy to be a part of the phamily even if I only play a small part. Just because people do not respond doesn’t mean that they do not care. The truth of the matter is that Phatmass is not a good place to get your emotional needs met. It’s a good place to have some fun, learn, evangelize and be challenged to follow Jesus. But in all truth it is not a adequate family.

You have no idea where I'm coming from, Cure, and frankly, I don't feel like explaining. But I find your response extremely insensitive. Not everyone has mastered the art of being satisfied with not being noticed.

Edited by davejc29201

awe dave, we love you...i would've responded, but i haven't really been here that much tonight.

Thanks, Michael, I've been needing to hear that. :) We love you too! :D

littleflower+JMJ

aww dave! don't feel like that! you know we love you buddy!! don't count on replies to show you how we care about you, cuz i know the love we have for you exceeds any post count anyone could ever have!

i'm so grateful your here dave and don't you ever forget that!!! i'm so proud of ya (making church militant and all! i knew you had it in you all along!) and you are one of the coolest catholic guys around! i've learned so much from you and reading your posts and your so cool to talk to! i mean you let me bother you when we're chatting on messenger and when i told you how i feel bad about never learning spanish you encouraged me! and that just goes to show what a caring person you are! and like dust said, you were amesome against some of our "faraway" friends, you amazed me in your intelligence and knowledge and understanding of the catholic faith. i admire you so much because you have a genuine, sincere passion for the faith that i hope i can one day have as you do also........

im' a middle child, i know in real life how things can get passive (try being forgotten and left at school till nitetime 10million times!!!! lol) , but just cuz we're feeling like we're lacking doesnt mean we are okay? i love ya very very much! your whole phamily does!! know that your very special to us and that you mean so much to us all here!! i can't picture this place w/o you...you've made up a big part of this phorum and phamily

im' so blessed to "know" you dave, we all are! but i can say that since the very beginning you have been part of the phamily and you will be forever and ever!!!!

God bLEss amigo!!

+JMJ

Ash Wednesday

aww dude... I just wish I was on the boards more often just to reply to things. *looks at her measly number of posts and sighs*

I think quite often one has to give threads time as well. I posted a prayer request about my stolen bike and for a long time to my surprise, and weeks and weeks later, it was brought back in discussion by someone and thus resurrected... ha ha :D .... too bad my bike wasn't.

Anyway that's cool -- I'm a godparent too.