An Old School Catholic Message Board

Girls

Enda

Ok, I'm 60%-20% sure that I'm called to the priesthood, but I can't help about thinking about the girls. After all anyone who has ever seen me can tell you that I am God's gift to women, and on the day of my ordination all the women of the world will gather in one place to morn.

Ok, maybe not.

But seriously, I just can't help but think how hard it is for a good Catholic girl nowadays to find a good Catholic guy. Check out the Fransican University of Steubenville: only 28% male student body :o ! And I imagine most of them are going into the preisthood anyway...

I just can't help but thinking of the good Catholic girls...

CreepyCrawler

don't worry about us, if God wants a girl to marry He'll give one to her :)and think about it, if you become a priest, one girl will not have someone to marry and maybe she will become a nun...just kidding.

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 16 2004, 07:58 PM'] don't worry about us, if God wants a girl to marry He'll give one to her :)and think about it, if you become a priest, one girl will not have someone to marry and maybe she will become a nun...just kidding. [/quote]
Intresting...is this the opnion of other girls on PM?

[quote]The girls can't find us becuase we are laid back, quiet, nice people. We don't jocky for the attention. [/quote]
LOL! So true Jacob. That's why going to a good Catholic college can be somewhat important.

FaustinaVianney

I agree with CreepyCrawler. If God wants us to marry He will give us a good guy to marry. I think that the men will start following the women. I believe that women must show their faith and men will be intrigued and want to follow as the trend is already starting. St Dominic started his order with getting nuns to pray for him then he started the friars. Women draw men into things sometimes bad sometimes good things. Women have more power than they know!

let_go_let_God

I understand, it is hard to find a good Catholic guy. I mean in my class there are only 6 people who are Catholic including myself. Although, most of the guys in our school arnt the best guys to associate with, so I look forward to finding a few good Catholic friends first.

Guest thomasaquinas3

Another possibility, other than being laid back, not seeking the center of attention, is that many teens, are becoming more and more drawn into our society, and start seeking carnal pleasures, making them less interested in church. This is my opinion, but it seems there are less and less teens that are really into their faith. What do you guys/gals think?

saintwannab7

I would say that most guys and girls are more into society than their Faith. I go to an all girls school and wow! the things I hear sometimes. Its very saddening. Most people don't seem respect the gift of sex or possibly consider that a vocation is an option. Its usually, I will grow up and get married or not get married and may or may not have kids. Nothing about considering joining a convent or living committed single life or having a marriage centered on Christ. I am so lucky, there is a great community of Catholics where I live. It may not be huge, but there is a lot of support. my pham :) The Roman-Catholic guys I know are the best people in my life. Its very exciting to know that there are high school boys that don't always think about sex. It makes me have a sense of loss that there are so few that I know and its I don't know their vocations, but they could very well all end up being priests. But I know that whatever happens, its the best. God's will. So I don't get sad long, because they will be happiest in their true vocation and so will I. I have no clue whether I am going to become a nun or a wife and mother. And there is always the single life. When I pray for my vocation, I ask God to not ask me to be single. I don't know how I would do it. well, actually, I guess I do. I would be single by His grace!

HomeTeamFamily

[quote] I understand, it is hard to find a good Catholic guy. I mean in my class there are only 6 people who are Catholic including myself[/quote]

you think thats bad?.....at my whole college (1500 people) there are only like 6 people who even claim to be Catholic, much less live like it......it can be tough

i agree with Jacob about good Catholic guys/girls not needing to jocky for attention....something about humility lol

and a word about the male pop at FUS.....it could be because most of the guys that are going to seminary are already there....there are also several other good Catholic colleges around the country, so that could account for some of it as well

just my .02

follow_the_pelican

[quote]Ok, I'm 60%-20% sure that I'm called to the priesthood, but I can't help about thinking about the girls. After all anyone who has ever seen me can tell you that I am God's gift to women, and on the day of my ordination all the women of the world will gather in one place to morn.

Ok, maybe not.

But seriously, I just can't help but think how hard it is for a good Catholic girl nowadays to find a good Catholic guy. Check out the Fransican University of Steubenville: only 28% male student body  ! And I imagine most of them are going into the preisthood anyway...

I just can't help but thinking of the good Catholic girls...[/quote]

I hear where you are coming from bro, it will be even more difficult when you have on inparticular catholic girl who is incredibly beautiful and awsone in her faith.
tell ya what, I will pray for you and you pray for me and we will find out where we both end up. God Bless...

p.s.(good catholic girls are Gods gift to the world!!!)

voiciblanche

[quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Apr 18 2004, 08:20 PM'] I understand, it is hard to find a good Catholic guy. I mean in my class there are only 6 people who are Catholic including myself. Although, most of the guys in our school arnt the best guys to associate with, so I look forward to finding a few good Catholic friends first. [/quote]
HA! I go to a Catholic school and only one guy is what I would call a "good Catholic!" Then again, there's only six of them, and this is seventh grade we're talking about... :lol:

follow_the_pelican

[quote]Then again, there's only six of them, and this is seventh grade we're talking about...  [/quote]

take your time darling, boy's are stinky little creatures; especially when they
are younger, wait a few year's for them to mature. Oh! and one piece of advice, dont chase them...let them chase you.

any way, there my .02

let_go_let_God

[quote name='follow_the_pelican' date='Apr 25 2004, 12:43 PM']
take your time darling, boy's are stinky little creatures; especially when they
are younger, wait a few year's for them to mature. Oh! and one piece of advice, dont chase them...let them chase you.

any way, there my .02 [/quote]
Here, here! I mean my best guy friends are like my brothers, it's a plus that they're Catholic, the con is that they live 45 miles away. Oh well, that's what the net's for right?

LGLG