An Old School Catholic Message Board

Girls

Enda

ilovechrist

[quote name='Enda' date='Apr 16 2004, 05:34 PM'] and on the day of my ordination all the women of the world will gather in one place to morn.

Ok, maybe not. [/quote]
if they all gather at my ordination to mourn... i'll reconsider the vocation :D jk

but HEY--i resent your post.
i plan on attending FUS, and am not planning to become a priest (currently.. after much prayer.. still praying)... so there lol.

voiciblanche

[quote name='follow_the_pelican' date='Apr 25 2004, 12:43 PM'] take your time darling, boy's are stinky little creatures; especially when they
are younger, wait a few year's for them to mature. Oh! and one piece of advice, dont chase them...let them chase you.

any way, there my .02 [/quote]
:lol: I take no greater delight on PM than to be talked to in ways such as this! I am so young! And to be treated so! How humbling it is! I love it!

follow_the_pelican

yeah, no sweat...like I said, let them chase you and it wont be the last!
guy's respect girl's who do not throw themselve all over ...and if he does not then he is not worth your time...much love

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 16 2004, 07:58 PM'] don't worry about us, if God wants a girl to marry He'll give one to her :)and think about it, if you become a priest, one girl will not have someone to marry and maybe she will become a nun...just kidding. [/quote]
i agree w/ Creepy, but I still worry about it sometimes. :)

Spiritual_Arsonist

[quote name='Enda' date='Apr 16 2004, 06:34 PM'] Ok, I'm 60%-20% sure that I'm called to the priesthood, but I can't help about thinking about the girls. After all anyone who has ever seen me can tell you that I am God's gift to women, and on the day of my ordination all the women of the world will gather in one place to morn.

Ok, maybe not.

But seriously, I just can't help but think how hard it is for a good Catholic girl nowadays to find a good Catholic guy. Check out the Fransican University of Steubenville: only 28% male student body :o ! And I imagine most of them are going into the preisthood anyway...

I just can't help but thinking of the good Catholic girls... [/quote]
If you thought otherwise, then you would have things to worry about. You are normal.

• 2 weeks later...
~*AnCoRa33*~

I'm like Voici, I go to a Catholic school, in my class there is only one "Good Catholic" and he's going to be a Priest!!!!
FATHER WHAT-A-WASTE!!!!!!!!!!! Don't take that the wrong way................ It's what my sisters and I call the.............. *ahem* cute priests............. that came out ALLLLLLLL WRONG!!!!!!!!

BUT- HERE is a cute story-
The third grade teacher at my school was going to become a nun so she gave everything away and went to the convent. There she discerned it wasn't her vocation and went back to teaching at the school.
A Legionary Brother was (I don't know what it's called...) like, interning (?) with a Legionary Priest at that school and met her. The priest was trying to tell him that he wasn't supposed to be a priest but he wouldn't listen. Finally, he realized it wasn't his calling and, at the end of the year, he called her and asked her out on a date!! They were married a couple weeks ago!!!!!

daugher-of-Mary

Yeah, it is a tad disheartening...I'm at a Catholic highschool with a student body of about 500, and I have one guy friend who actually lives his Catholic faith, and he's discerning priesthood. ^_^

Guest JeffCR07

Hey now, you all act like we're some kind of endangered species or dying race or something! lol, I'm more optimistic, I see a world that is being confronted by more evil, a Culture of Death and Sin (I live in America) and I see the Church growing! Just think about it, look at PM! There are tons of really good guys here testifying to their faith, and its not like PM is unique (in that sense). From an optimistic guy's perspective, you girls just wait. If your called to marriage, I'm sure some good catholic guy will come and sweep you off your feet!

- Your (Unapologetically Idealistic) Brother in Christ, Jeff

Keep in mind that there are converts to the Catholic church, so what good Catholics don't exist, there will be more to come in the future. By the time all the good Catholic girls want to marry, maybe good Catholic converts will be around to sweep us off our feet. :hehe:

• 3 weeks later...
let_go_let_God

[quote name='JeffCR07' date='Jun 8 2004, 09:24 PM'] Hey now, you all act like we're some kind of endangered species or dying race or something! lol, I'm more optimistic, I see a world that is being confronted by more evil, a Culture of Death and Sin (I live in America) and I see the Church growing! Just think about it, look at PM! There are tons of really good guys here testifying to their faith, and its not like PM is unique (in that sense). From an optimistic guy's perspective, you girls just wait. If your called to marriage, I'm sure some good catholic guy will come and sweep you off your feet!

- Your (Unapologetically Idealistic) Brother in Christ, Jeff [/quote]
It is refreshing to see the faith growing like it is, especally in the youth of the nation. The Culture of Sin and Death (as Jeff put it and very well said at that) I see in itself is dying because people are changing and leaving that culture. It's just that society doesn't let you see that.

Take WYD 2002 in Toronto for example. There were over 300 youth (excluding shaperones) from my diocese alone. Over the time our group spent in Toronto, we met 4 other groups from the state of Minnesota alone. (My home state) Minnesota isn't that big in comparison to like Texas California Florida Nevada ect. but that is a huge showing right there.

Lady's and gent's we have to let God put that other person into our lives, and just let God be in control. Even take today's Gospel reading where Jesus tells those who want to follow Him and those He wants to follow Him. He simply tells them(but not in these words), "Forget everything, and follow me" or as I prefer to think of it, Let go, let God.

My .02

Peace -- LGLG--

[quote name='~*AnCoRa33*~' date='Jun 7 2004, 05:09 PM'] FATHER WHAT-A-WASTE!!!!!!!!!!! Don't take that the wrong way................ It's what my sisters and I call the.............. *ahem* cute priests............. that came out ALLLLLLLL WRONG!!!!!!!! [/quote]
I don't know how to take that period. I mean on the one hand, either I am not cute enough, or on the other hand the Priesthood's not for me.

However since people keep telling me I'm meant for the Priesthood, I must not be cute. Oh well, St. Catherine of Sienna, pray for us.

J/K! :) :P :D I just love giving girls a hard time about that.

I personally have had a thing here or there with a girl, but I haven't actually dated or anything yet, partially because I'm not ready, partially because I don't know too many girls who would date me. :) I scare them all away. :ph34r: Oh well, don't blame them. :)

Quite honestly though, I find it hard as a guy to find good Catholic girls. I go to UD and we have a 35:65 guy:girl ratio, and it's still almost impossible to find a good Catholic girl I'd be interested in marrying (I say that 'cause I'm an old fashioned type of guy who wants to date to marry. :) ).

Oh well, that's life. And of course, first there's the Priesthood anyway. :)

voiciblanche

[quote name='qfnol31' date='Jun 28 2004, 03:47 AM'] either I am not cute enough

I must not be cute. [/quote]
:lol: :lol:

I would tell you that you were cute, but the whole six-year age gap thing makes it extremely uncomfortable and not very appropriate. Lol. But you're not ugly, if that makes you feel any better. :sweat:

The nice thing about not being very attractive, however, is that you don't really have to worry about people hitting on you all that much, at least not for your looks anyway. Chastity in high school is gonna be sooo easy for me for this reason - I'm not what you'd call a head-turner. Hehe. :sweat:

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jul 3 2004, 09:00 PM'] Chastity in high school is gonna be sooo easy for me for this reason - I'm not what you'd call a head-turner. Hehe. :sweat: [/quote]
So you think...

In Stillman the girls that are really "fought" over by the good guys are what would be called umm er Plain Janes. And very modest plain Janes. So don't be too sure of anything.