An Old School Catholic Message Board

Women With Religious Vocations?

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 20 2004, 02:59 AM'] Not for long... Ambers going to end up married I bet. [/quote]
lol, yeah, amber will end up a married catholic politician I bet :cool:

and she'll end up married before me :lol:

FaustinaVianney

There are several orders out there that are contemplative-active, which means that they are half and half. They have a certain part of their convent that is cloistered and certain times/places where they must reserve a silent atmosphere. The Dominicans are big on this because one of their main charism is to share the fruits of their contemplations (sp?). There is a Carmelite Order that has the same contemplative-active gifts. They are called the Carmelites of the Divine Heart of Jesus. They work with the young and run a home for the elderly. They are throughtout the US but the one in which I visited was the ones in St Louis. They were pretty awesome, but God is not calling me to them.

voiciblanche

[quote name='VeraMaria' date='Jun 20 2004, 01:14 PM'] lol, yeah, amber will end up a married catholic politician I bet :cool:

and she'll end up married before me :lol: [/quote]
<_<

It's frustrating!! I just realized like last month that a marriage can be good and holy! And now I want one! Lol!

[i]Me[/i] be married before [i]you[/i]? If that ever happens, it'll be because you're pickier than me! :lol:

JMJ
6/22 - Sts. Thomas More and John Fisher

[quote]Aren't Benedictine nuns cloistered as well?[/quote]

They have [b]a[/b] cloister, but they aren't cloistered [i]per se[/i].

• 5 years later...
sistersintigo

[quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='16 April 2004 - 10:31 PM' timestamp='1082169077' post='165807']
+JMJ+

Right! :D If I started a womens order in the Jesuits, I'd have to take it up before the Pope. Hey! Then I can actually meet him then! :) Thanks for your help though! God Bless!

Yours in the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

FutureNunJMJ
[/quote]
Her name was Mary Ward, actually, and between her birth and death in the British Isles (born in Ireland, I believe, then schooled in Yorkshire), she went to Rome on foot to face the Pope herself. She shouldered much responsibility and with it much controversy. Her story is well documented and numerous books can be read about her. And yes, she was passionately Ignatian (she lived closer to the time of St. Ignatius himself than to our era), and the active-apostolate women who succeeded her have been devoted to the Ignatian charism from that day to this.
I have seen (online) a photo of the museum exhibit that preserves her battered shoes.
Of the diverse international groups who aligned themselves with her charism over the centuries, two survive:
Institute of the Blessed Virgin Mary (IBVM) often known as Loreto Sisters, and
Congregatio Jesu (CJ) with its generalate in Rome.

melporcristo

JMJT+

I have been discerning off and on for about 5 years ... life has been pretty crazy those 5 years, but one thing remains: Trust!
Discernment is such a long journey but it's also a great adventure! Lately, I've been going through a spiritual dryness and of course, my discernment struggles with that. Within the past year ('09) I have visited 2 amazing orders that I love. I felt a strong peace and happiness at one but then visited a cloister and got a little confused after that. I want to be open but I also want to be able to pick an order that would be the right one for me.

If you can pray for me about that, that would be great!

[quote name='brightsadness' date='02 January 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1262466529' post='2028733']
Praying for you. Please pray for me. Decisions happening soon.
[/quote]

You're always in my prayers. I can't wait to hear what you decide (although I think I already know.) :pray:

melporcristo

[quote name='brightsadness' date='02 January 2010 - 02:08 PM' timestamp='1262466529' post='2028733']
Praying for you. Please pray for me. Decisions happening soon.
[/quote]

Will pray!!