An Old School Catholic Message Board

We Muslims Know The Ground Zero Mosque Is Meant To Be A Deliberate Pro

StMichael

[quote name='Socrates' timestamp='1282065918' post='2158942']
I think the Muslims who want the mosque built at the Ground Zero site are perfectly aware of what they are doing, and the reaction people will have to it. They're not idiots.

They know quite well that countless non-Muslims and Muslims alike will see it as victory flag raised for Islam, at the site of where the massacre took place which "radical" Muslims around the world cheered as a "victory for Allah."

The building of the mosque should be blocked. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion." The Muslims are free to build mosques anywhere they like (though it won't make me happy) but the Ground Zero site.
Christians and Americans need to develop more backbone.
[/quote]

You should have free speech to say whatever you want, except stuff about gays, because that offends a lot of people. :rolleyes:

You cant rag on about other people using the Constitution as a doormat, when you are just as willing to compromise "just this one time" when it suits you.

LadyOfSorrows

I think the Muslims who want the mosque built at the Ground Zero site are perfectly aware of what they are doing, and the reaction people will have to it. They're not idiots.

They know quite well that countless non-Muslims and Muslims alike will see it as victory flag raised for Islam, at the site of where the massacre took place which "radical" Muslims around the world cheered as a "victory for Allah."

The building of the mosque should be blocked. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion." The Muslims are free to build mosques anywhere they like (though it won't make me happy) but the Ground Zero site.
Christians and Americans need to develop more backbone.
[/quote]

I agree...knowing those who have lost their lives at Ground Zero, it is salt in an open wound.

And yet, "Christians" like those at the Westboro Baptist Church are allowed by law to protest military and civilian funerals, at great emotional cost to those present.

How can some of you, so well practised in arguing the "slippery slope to worse things" argument with birth control and gay marriage, not see how hypocritical it is to be supporting a restriction of freedom of religion, etc going on here?

[quote name='Catholictothecore' timestamp='1282067137' post='2158954']
alright, you are right. What I mean is that it's a flagarant spouting of what they can do to us. Nobody ever saw it coming. It was the worst thing imaginable. And yes, my comparison above may be exagerated, but I believe the idea is accurate.
[/quote]

Plenty of people saw it coming. They even got local Rabbi's to say they approved of the idea. Laura Ingraham even had Khan on her radio show and talked about what a nice idea it was. Until some republicans decided it's make a great wedge issue just in time for November.

I don't think politicians came up with this. They're using it, of course. But they didn't come up with it.

The Republicans really don't need to create any issues--the absolute poo job the democrats are doing is enough. The pushing through of croutons citizens don't want shows just how little efficiency we really want in our government.

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1282011184' post='2158632']
it is good to see muslims speaking about the error in their brothers ways...
[/quote]

It's also good to see StMichael write an informative and balanced post.

I think the Muslims who want the mosque built at the Ground Zero site are perfectly aware of what they are doing, and the reaction people will have to it. [b]They're not idiots.[/b]

[/quote]

Yes they are!

Personally I'm against the Mosque. What StMichael wrote sounds more charitable. True Muslim's, I would have thought, would not want to antagonise people and would show some respect.. People of many races, religions and non faiths died at ground zero. 9/11 was really about an attack by evil on the free world. Any memorial should be for those innocents and the true martyrs, the firemen, who died attempting to save others. Religious proselytising of any description in or near a place where silent respect is the order of the day is in poor taste.

With all due respect, I cannot take credit for the initial post other than copy and paste.

[quote name='Mark of the Cross' timestamp='1282085963' post='2159234']
It's also good to see StMichael write an informative and balanced post.

Yes they are!

Personally I'm against the Mosque. What StMichael wrote sounds more charitable. True Muslim's, I would have thought, would not want to antagonise people and would show some respect.. People of many races, religions and non faiths died at ground zero. 9/11 was really about an attack by evil on the free world. Any memorial should be for those innocents and the true martyrs, the firemen, who died attempting to save others. Religious proselytising of any description in or near a place where silent respect is the order of the day is in poor taste.
[/quote]

HisChildForever

Here is Mosab, being awesome as always:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JxmuUzkBm0&feature=player_embedded[/media]

cmotherofpirl

[quote name='Hassan' timestamp='1282083626' post='2159223']
Plenty of people saw it coming. They even got local Rabbi's to say they approved of the idea. Laura Ingraham even had Khan on her radio show and talked about what a nice idea it was. Until some republicans decided it's make a great wedge issue just in time for November.
[/quote]
Interesting... every democrat [including myself] I know is against it as well....

No, this is not ideological, this has been raging locally, by those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

How it is being used now is another story, but you find members from both sides giving different views, mostly because Obama made it a national debate by taking a side on a local matter.

Reid, as idiotic and inept as he is, took a position opposite Obama.

So this is not simply about Democrat vs. Republican.

[quote name='cmotherofpirl' timestamp='1282148689' post='2159544']
Interesting... every democrat [including myself] I know is against it as well....
[/quote]