• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 Mark of the Cross

Mark of the Cross

PM Pham

• Phishy
  • 2,575 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:59 PM

it is good to see muslims speaking about the error in their brothers ways...

It's also good to see StMichael write an informative and balanced post.

I think the Muslims who want the mosque built at the Ground Zero site are perfectly aware of what they are doing, and the reaction people will have to it. They're not idiots.

Yes they are!

Personally I'm against the Mosque. What StMichael wrote sounds more charitable. True Muslim's, I would have thought, would not want to antagonise people and would show some respect.. People of many races, religions and non faiths died at ground zero. 9/11 was really about an attack by evil on the free world. Any memorial should be for those innocents and the true martyrs, the firemen, who died attempting to save others. Religious proselytising of any description in or near a place where silent respect is the order of the day is in poor taste.

#22 StMichael

StMichael

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 1,011 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

With all due respect, I cannot take credit for the initial post other than copy and paste.

It's also good to see StMichael write an informative and balanced post.

Yes they are!

Personally I'm against the Mosque. What StMichael wrote sounds more charitable. True Muslim's, I would have thought, would not want to antagonise people and would show some respect.. People of many races, religions and non faiths died at ground zero. 9/11 was really about an attack by evil on the free world. Any memorial should be for those innocents and the true martyrs, the firemen, who died attempting to save others. Religious proselytising of any description in or near a place where silent respect is the order of the day is in poor taste.

#23 HisChildForever

HisChildForever

"We love because He first loved us." --1 John 4:19

• Church Militant
  • 9,924 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 18 August 2010 - 09:44 AM

Here is Mosab, being amesome as always:

#24 cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

Mother of Phatmass

• Church Militant
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:24 AM

Plenty of people saw it coming. They even got local Rabbi's to say they approved of the idea. Laura Ingraham even had Khan on her radio show and talked about what a nice idea it was. Until some republicans decided it's make a great wedge issue just in time for November.

Interesting... every democrat [including myself] I know is against it as well....

#25 StMichael

StMichael

PM Super Alien

• Chummy Commoner
  • 1,011 posts
  • Catholic

Posted 18 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

No, this is not ideological, this has been raging locally, by those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

How it is being used now is another story, but you find members from both sides giving different views, mostly because Obama made it a national debate by taking a side on a local matter.

Reid, as idiotic and inept as he is, took a position opposite Obama.

So this is not simply about Democrat vs. Republican.

Interesting... every democrat [including myself] I know is against it as well....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users