An Old School Catholic Message Board

Urgent Prayers For My Aide/nurse, In Critical Condition!

Seven77

Pham,

As many of you know, I require the use of a ventilator (2 actually: portable--power wheelchair mounted and bedside) which is the reason why I require two home-health nurses--- during the day and at night. Well... I have learned some very sad news about one of the night nurses: Mr. C., the nurse who has been assisting me ever since I began to be vented, is in intensive care because he is in a diabetic coma... it all all happened very suddenly as he seemed so healthy!

Mr. C, as i'll call him here, is in his early 60s and is a Vietnam vet--- For six years he practically never missed a shift; once, he even pitched camp for three days at my house during a blizzard-- nobody else would have done that. Because he had the time he would even accompany my family and I when we traveled to New York to visit my sister (hdogga on phatmass, now a Sister of Life)--- a very big help as you can imagine!

Please pray for him. The man treated me as a good friend but even more like a son. Even if he can no longer work with me (he took two buses from DC 5 nights in a row and did a bit of walking and lifting-- I think I got a bit heavier recently, I am asking the Good Lord to bless and heal Mr. C. Because I consider him to be a close family friend, I post my prayer request in this phorum.

Lord, have mercy.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It is a very difficult situation… I was notified earlier today that "Mr. C" suffered a stroke leaving him blind in both eyes and paralyzed on his right side... he suffered brain damage and is believed to have some form of cancer. They are considering pulling the plug. This is truly jarring. I can hardly believe it.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/amen.gif[/img]

Going to adoration to talk about It with Jesus...

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Seven77' timestamp='1285964884' post='2177359']
Lord, have mercy.

Thank you all for your prayers and support. It is a very difficult situation… I was notified earlier today that "Mr. C" suffered a stroke leaving him blind in both eyes and paralyzed on his right side... he suffered brain damage and is believed to have some form of cancer. They are considering pulling the plug. This is truly jarring. I can hardly believe it.

[img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/amen.gif[/img]

Going to adoration to talk about It with Jesus...
[/quote]

I'm sure Mr C, when he meets Jesus, will continue pray for you. :priest: May the blessings of the Lord Jesus be with you and Mr C.
God, the beginning and end of all things, always had a plan for you and Mr C. He will bath you both in his love for eternity.
Peace in Christ.