An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

ameliabedelia

when you find out that your diocese vocations director is at your school and do your best to avoid him because you are terrified that if he looks at you he will just know!

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1290480361' post='2188721']
when you find out that your diocese vocations director is at your school and do your best to avoid him because you are terrified that if he looks at you he will just know!
[/quote]

I know what you mean about the "just knowing" look. I have been avoiding some people because I'm afraid it's all over my face and they'll just figure it out.

LaPetiteSoeur

When you 'have' sisters.

When you're disappointed you have to miss the sisters on Oprah (come to youtube quick!)

When you know "the look," ie, the look given to you by almost every religious.

LadyOfSorrows

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1290543440' post='2188842']
When you 'have' sisters.

When you're disappointed you have to miss the sisters on Oprah (come to youtube quick!)

When you know "the look," ie, the look given to you by almost every religious.
[/quote]

I hear you. I am trying to take advantage of the free wi-fi on the plane I'm on, trying to see if there's a way to watch the Oprah show live online! If anyone sees this and knows if it's possible, help a chica out?

I second the "when you 'have' sisters." A deacon friend is going to be in Buffalo for Thanksgiving break and when he told me this, I became very excited and told him to go visit my sisters out there--and he will! I'm making sure that he tells them I say hello! My heart could burst, I'm so envious...

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1290544966' post='2188846']
I hear you. I am trying to take advantage of the free wi-fi on the plane I'm on, trying to see if there's a way to watch the Oprah show live online! If anyone sees this and knows if it's possible, help a chica out?

I second the "when you 'have' sisters." A deacon friend is going to be in Buffalo for Thanksgiving break and when he told me this, I became very excited and told him to go visit my sisters out there--and he will! I'm making sure that he tells them I say hello! My heart could burst, I'm so envious...
[/quote]

I decided to watch the sisters on Oprah. essays can be written at the same time!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='LadyOfSorrows' timestamp='1290544966' post='2188846']

[/quote]

I decided to watch the sisters on Oprah. essays can be written at the same time!

• 2 weeks later...

You know you're a future nun when you spend most of your saturdays checking out websites of religious communities that fascinate you.

AllForYourGlory

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1290480361' post='2188721']
[/quote]

haha... whenever the ND came to Notre Dame, i would avoid them like the plague. Finally when i gave it, the VD commented that they were just a ND a few weeks ago, why didn't they see me. I told her that i saw them, but was doing all i could do to avoid them.. but they showed up everywhere.. that was a hard few days, always having to go out of my way to get places on campus till they went back to nashville... ohh the irony of running... God knows better than we do!

Mary Veronica

Too many posts, not sure if this was already put:

When you're not afraid to hang out with guys because they KNOW you're already taken...

When your friends threaten to enter the convent/monastery with you...or plan to kidnap you or disguise themselves to deceive the portress into letting them meet with you...

<3

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpsuY3lFZ-M[/media]

Edited by Mary Veronica

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1292566707' post='2193148']
when your closest thing to a date is meeting with the vicar of vocations at starbucks.
[/quote]

or when you ask your date to take you to chapel for adoration.

Hinter dem Horizont

You know you're going to be a priest when...

You take white paper and make a collar out of it with your black shirt to see what you look like

(trust me, I did it so I could what it looks like on me. I think it looks rather good haha)