An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

FutureCarmeliteClaire

[quote name='Kylie Spinelli' timestamp='1342135583' post='2455148']
so true! I call them my "Dates" and when someone asks whom with, I'm like, JESUS!! :D
[/quote]
[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1342125679' post='2455119']
when you make dates with Him for Eucharistic Adoration.
[/quote]
YES! I go on my "Jesus Dates".

PhuturePriest

[quote name='FutureCarmeliteClaire' timestamp='1342139433' post='2455158']
YES! I go on my "Jesus Dates".
[/quote]

Ha. I'm going to use that from now on. :hehe:

Kayte Postle

When you buy "Where There Is Love There Is God by Mother Teresa" and the cashier asks, "Are you gonna be a nun?".

..............................................................................................true story.

Edited by Kayte Postle

Kylie Spinelli

when you're the only one under the age of 40 at daily Mass. And people notice and ask you if you're going to be a nun.

:nun:

Lil'Monster

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1342297097' post='2455657']
When you buy "Where There Is Love There Is God by Mother Teresa" and the cashier asks, "Are you gonna be a nun?".

..............................................................................................true story.
[/quote]

I bet you were blushing

When you save letters from Mother Abbess as if you were saving love letters from your significant other, because they are precious.

Edited by emmaberry

LittleWaySoul

[quote name='ameliabedelia' timestamp='1287103395' post='2179665']
when you dream of the day you get all your hair cut off and look like a boy

(because we all know what comes next :nun: )
[/quote]

I cut off all of my hair a few months ago :D But no one's made the connection yet thus far... ;)

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1287120157' post='2179716']
When you start to secretly pick and write out your desired religious name (like a teenager doodling Mrs. so and so)
[/quote]

Oh my goodness I totally did this last weekend!

I also switched around the direction of my Claddagh ring to symbolize my heart being "taken." I did this during Adoration so that I could be with Him when I did :) I doubt anyone will notice, but I like it. It reminds me of my devotion to Him :nun1:

Kylie Spinelli

[quote name='LittleWaySoul' timestamp='1342637171' post='2456814']

I also switched around the direction of my Claddagh ring to symbolize my heart being "taken." I did this during Adoration so that I could be with Him when I did :) I doubt anyone will notice, but I like it. It reminds me of my devotion to Him :nun1:
[/quote]

AWWWW THAT'S SO CUTE!!!!!!! <3 I wear a small silver band that says "faith" on my left ring finger :) My dad keeps asking me if I'm married LOL

OnlySunshine

...when you anxiously await the time you get to to talk to the Provincial Superior again -- either by phone, mail, or email.

...when you watch videos of Sisters professing their vows and wonder when your time will come.

....when most of the stuff on your birthday wish list is related to religion -- especially, the thing you want the most is a subscription to receive "The Word Among Us" or "Magnificat." (true story)

• 2 weeks later...
Crucesignata

when you spend so much praying in front of the Blessed Sacrament to ask where He wants you to go, that you loose track of the time and get in trouble