An Old School Catholic Message Board

You Know You Are A Future Nun...

LaPetiteSoeur

ChristinaTherese

You have a hard time leaving the church to go back to your dorm after Mass.

A random woman asks you after Mass, "Are you going to be a nun?" (That wasn't here, that was before I came back to school.)

A friend calls you "Miss Nun."

You want to get back to college on the Saturday and not the Sunday of the move-in weekend so that you can go to Mass on Sunday and see Father again.

You're really glad to see Sr. GP at Mass because you haven't seen her (or Fr. S) for about four months.

(I just got back to school and I've been seeing friends again and I'm excited. And tomorrow classes begin and I see the sisters (of whom Sr. GP is one) at the parish I go to on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays for Mass (the days that my parish doesn't have Mass in English, except for Saturday, because I kind of like sleeping in on Saturdays).)

Edited by Christina Thérèse

When you start a novena to St. Therese and at the end of day 1 she's already handing you roses.....

True story, I started the novena yesterday, and my last intention was about my vocation. (from the "One Rose Invitation" from Imagine Sisters) I decided to ask for white roses for marriage and red ones for religious life. Then during vigil mass last night I looked at the statute of Mother Mary, and at her feet were a bunch of red roses (and there are never flowers around her at our church, not even after the may crowning!) Needless to say I had to try very hard not to break down into tears during the middle of mass.........

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1348425458' post='2485721']
When you start a novena to St. Therese and at the end of day 1 she's already handing you roses.....

True story, I started the novena yesterday, and my last intention was about my vocation. (from the "One Rose Invitation" from Imagine Sisters) I decided to ask for white roses for marriage and red ones for religious life. Then during vigil mass last night I looked at the statute of Mother Mary, and at her feet were a bunch of red roses (and there are never flowers around her at our church, not even after the may crowning!) Needless to say I had to try very hard not to break down into tears during the middle of mass.........
[/quote]

She did that for me, too! I prayed that I would hear from my pastor about setting up an appointment with the psychologist to get my evaluation for my candidacy to religious life. I had been waiting 5 months and was getting a little restless and impatient. St. Therese has been a miracle worker in the past and so I asked her to help me. I prayed that at 6:45 in the morning. I got a phone call from my pastor at 12pm without saying anything to him! If that is not miraculous, I don't know what is! :hehe2:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Kayte Postle' timestamp='1348425458' post='2485721']
[/quote]

O.M.G(osh), I did yellow for marriage and pink for religious life... I had almost the exact same thing happen to me!!!! There's a statue of Mary in the breezeway of our church and at her feet were pink roses. I've only seen greenery and occasionally some carnations, but NEVER, EVER roses. (Roses don't last in our climate, especially not outside.)

[color=#000000][b][i]Pink [/i][/b][/color]roses. And those are the only roses I've been seeing for the past month since St. Therese has started sending them. :shock: :twitch: IT'S A GOOD THING, THOUGH! :yahoo: :nun2: :yahoo: :woot:

Edited by DiscerningCatholic

Kayte that is so beautiful! I saw red roses from her BEFORE I started the Novena. How does she do that? :) The really cool thing about Friday was that it wasn't just red roses it was red long stem roses with babies breath. The thing about that is that's what my mom carried on her wedding day and what I always said I would carry on my wedding day. :) I love Saint Therese!
You might be a future nun if every time you hear a secular love song (such as Dopamine by Kartiv2 on youtube) and it makes you think of Jesus.
JMJ+ :heart:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1348450347' post='2485825']
You might be a future nun if every time you hear a secular love song (such as Dopamine by Kartiv2 on youtube) and it makes you think of Jesus.
[/quote]

That is what happens to me when I hear Train's song "Marry Me." :love:

ChristinaTherese

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1348450347' post='2485825']
[/quote] Ah.... Yes, yes, yes. On a tangent though, my parents don't understand that [i]at all[/i]. They were talking at the dinner table and saying that St. John of the Cross' poem [i]Dark Night of the Soul[/i] must be about a man and a woman. (They're Protestant.) No.... (Just because it's wonderful, here's the poem for y'all. [url="http://josvg.home.xs4all.nl/cits/lm/stjohn01.html"]http://josvg.home.xs4all.nl/cits/lm/stjohn01.html[/url])

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Christina Thérèse' timestamp='1348452325' post='2485839']
On a tangent though, my parents don't understand that [i]at all[/i]. They were talking at the dinner table and saying that St. John of the Cross' poem [i]Dark Night of the Soul[/i] must be about a man and a woman.
[/quote]

Wut. :|

ChristinaTherese

[quote name='DiscerningCatholic' timestamp='1348452749' post='2485841']
Wut. :|
[/quote]Yeah.... The only thing I can think to do is pray for them. God can give them the grace to understand far better than I can explain His call.

...when people get excited because your friend is in town before she leaves for England and she is wearing her habit. Everyone keeps asking if you are still discerning and when you plan to enter. (true story)

...If instead of making your wedding dress (which was always assumed) your mother asks if she can make your postulant habit because she won't be able to make your habit but wants to do something for you. :love:

DiscerningCatholic

[quote name='Catholicterp7' timestamp='1348491453' post='2485959']
...If instead of making your wedding dress (which was always assumed) your mother asks if she can make your postulant habit because she won't be able to make your habit but wants to do something for you. :love:
[/quote]
*cough* You have such an a.wesome mother! :love: My mom would be like, "Sorry, kiddo. You're on your own." (She can't really sew to begin with...but neither can I!)

ChristinaTherese

You watch the Princess Bride and think of Jesus.
Because you're thinking of Jesus, you love when Wesley "mostly dies".
You forget that nobody else is thinking about Jesus as they watch Wesley and make a comment about the Resurrection when Wesley has trouble with strength as he returns to full life.

:love:

Edited by Christina Thérèse

Catholicterp7

[quote name='Christina Thérèse' timestamp='1348984738' post='2488353']
You watch the Princess Bride and think of Jesus.
Because you're thinking of Jesus, you love when Wesley "mostly dies".
You forget that nobody else is thinking about Jesus as they watch Wesley and make a comment about the Resurrection when Wesley has trouble with strength as he returns to full life.

:love:
[/quote]
rotfl that just made my favorite movie that much better! I honestly never thought about it that way.