An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

Has it been three weeks? I figured she'd come here and give us a report ASAP!

But you're right, she left ~Nov 3rd, so she's likely back home by now.

Sorry, I don't know how to get in touch with her if she's not here.

Edited by MithLuin

I have no idea where she is either. :| Oh wait I think she just got home. :dance:

edited to add :sleep3: is a more appropriate emote at this moment instead of that dancing one

Edited by vee8

dominicansoul

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

SHE'S IN CHAT, COME ON EVERYBODY!! :woot:

Ooooh boy how was it is gong to take days to answer! Lets see I made it and didnt go crazy or get kicked out or, or set my VEIL on fire during the Saturday Salve Regina. Yes I had to wear a kind of simple chapel VEIL thingy in brown that tied behind my neck. I looked like this <_< for the first few days with that thing on. No snowballs were thrown by myself or Sister Indwelling Trinity because there was no snow!

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1290921770' post='2189628']
Ooooh boy how was it is gong to take days to answer! Lets see I made it and didnt go crazy or get kicked out or, or set my VEIL on fire during the Saturday Salve Regina. Yes I had to wear a kind of simple chapel VEIL thingy in brown that tied behind my neck. I looked like this <_< for the first few days with that thing on. No snowballs were thrown by myself or Sister Indwelling Trinity because there was no snow!
[/quote]

Soooooo...are you still planning to discern with this group?!??!?!? Details, details, details!!!!! :lol:

VEEEEEE!!!!
Glad to hear you're back, I was really missing your presence on the phorum. I don't get into chat a lot, so please post something for us, when you finish sleeping, that is.

IgnatiusofLoyola

As usual, I was asleep instead of being in chat. Need my zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

I missed all of you too and did pray for you :) :nunpray:

It is easy to write about the external, less spiritual things right now so I will start with that. It was wonderful, and the Sisters are very real, open, honest, truly kind, loving people. They are somewhat isolated physically but spiritually they care very much about the world and in particular peoples souls which comes from a deep love of God. They opened their hearts and arms up to me which I give them a ton of credit for because I am far from perfect but they put up with me haha! Yes St Therese showed up there, in statue form, as they are VERY Theresian. VERY. They know her on a very deep level, not your gift shop Therese but the real Therese and they live, truly live her little way.

Ooops I have to go to Mass now but I will write more later. I miss Mass there already kneeling on the choir floor to receive Our Lord on the tongue then the ten minute thanksgiving after Mass. The silence the reverence.... sigh :love:

Oh Veeeeeeeeeeee so glad to hear you are back.

Ignatius and Krissy I missed chat too :( I guess I will have to catch her tonight.

A brief horarium

For Mass at the Hermitage there is the nun's choir where the alter is located and the choir stalls on the sides, then the public chapel. They do not have grilles so to receive the Eucharist each Sister kneels, if she is able, in front of her choir stall and their chaplain comes to each Sister. They do not receive the Precious Blood everyday but if I remember correctly they do on Sundays and feast days. They do ten minutes of silent thanksgiving in the choir immediately after Mass where each Sister may sit or kneel at her stall. They do use the Carmelite prayer stools which I am now a big fan of btw. :like: After thanksgiving several prayers are recited as a community such as prayers for priests, those who are to die that day, and for the souls in purgatory, then its off to work or a one hour class on Carmelite spirituality and/or prayer given by the prioress. Mass times vary depending on the day of the week so Monday to Friday 8:30am, Saturday 9am, and Sunday 5pm. Saturday morning they do sing the solemn Salve Regina which I loved :cloud9: When entering and exiting the chapel, especially before and after Mass, each Sister may genuflect, bow, or kiss the floor as she wishes. The point is it must be sincere and meaningful to her and she must not look think less of others who do or do not do such things. They do not tolerate any falseness.

Each Sister says the Divine Office on her own and sets up an horarium with the prioress so there is flexibility in some ways such as if you want to get up at 4am you can, or 5 or 7am, as long as you are at Mass at 830am and able to work and be part of the community. Same policy goes for going to bed as you decide when you want to. I went to bed between 9 and 10pm most nights and woke up naturally at 5am or so. They ring the Angelus at 6am, noon, and 6pm and thats it for bells around there. They taught me how to ring it and so one of my favorite memories are the times I got to do that.

Each hermitage has a small kitchen so each Sister makes and eats her own breakfast and supper. A meal is prepared together at the main building for lunch and while I was there we ate as a community. If they have no live-ins they would take the food and eat it back at their hermitages but to help newbies like another woman who was there and I the noon meal was eaten together and was a kind of recreation. We would talk some (actually most) days. Their chaplain is a part of the community and so often would eat with us. He is a very funny and intelligent man and they are blessed to have him. Sometimes the conversation was serious other times funny but always pure, holy, thoughtful, caring and so on. It was wonderful, like the best family meals you could imagine. Like any family though troubles arise however with these Sister problems arent allowed to fester but rather are dealt with as need be openly and honestly. Im not sure about other Carmels however here personal issues such as family troubles are ok to talk about at the dinner table because they care for each other and their families so much that all family is family and all are held in payer.

Saturday is their recreation day so their chaplain will have a class on any topic he feels interest in that week, and people may talk freely during that and may go way off topic. They also eat an evening meal together that day and may watch a video after dinner. While I was there we watched the new Edith Stein movie :like: Sunday is a complete hermit day so leftovers from Saturday recreation are taken home to eat and they only come together for Mass. Talking is down to a bare minimum then as well. They are not sad, depressed, miserable or maladjusted in any way, nor is the silence oppressive. On the contrary laughter and joking are common.