An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291855088' post='2191680']
I think I wrote before, Im too lazy to scroll up and reread my own posts, that the Carmel in B.C had said I could come visit anytime. I had previously asked if there was the possibility I could do a live-in. Anyway with some mis communication and missed mail later I get confirmation today that they only meant I could be on the outside if I do come to visit. Im disappointed by this news, and a bit embarrassed by my misunderstanding. Im going to mope for a bit. :sad2: Maybe its just a figment of my imagination but it seems as though God likes to give people a taste of Carmel then makes them go sit back out in the world for a year or two or ten as in the case of Edith Stein. If He wants to test my resolve its working and if He wants to listen to me complain He can have that too! :whine: God knows how much I admire and try to emulate the annoying neighbor who knocks persistently at the door in the night until the master of the house gets up, so if He didnt want me to do that He shouldnt have told the story! :P

rant over
[/quote]

I'm starting to bee of the same opinion Vee. Also there was one saint that entered an order something like 3 times, but his superior kept kicking him out just to see if he was steadfast and would come back. He did. :clapping:

[b]Edit[/b]: I can't spell.

Edited by truthfinder

Welcome back :)

...& glad you had a blessed time. I'm taking a break from the phorums right now, but wanted to say hi and hope to talk to you again sometime in chat.

:kitten:

dominicansoul

wow...over 2,000 views for this thread....that's a first for one I made...!!!

...but look at who the subject centers on...it doesn't surprise me :smile2:

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1292188601' post='2192373']
wow...over 2,000 views for this thread....that's a first for one I made...!!!
[/quote]

:o :shock: thats allotta views...

[quote]...but look at who the subject centers on...it doesn't surprise me [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/smile2.gif[/img][/quote]
maybe people thought I was dead :dead: :P NO SUCH LUCK HAHA!

Oh in hermit news one of the Sisters surprised called me this afternoon yay! Just to see how I was doing and that kind of thing. It was so nice to talk to her. :clapping: I think they have finally started to recover from me being there hahahaha and they probably have a whole new appreciation of silence as well :P

Ok soooooooooo......

Im strangely competitive as some may recall from my emailing the DSMME and Nashville within five mins of each other and wondering who would write back first. Nashville won btw but I havent heard from them again, the DSMME replied twice and twice said, in slightly different words, get your butt over here on the next vocations retreat. Well now Im doing the same thing but with three Carmels, two of which are kinda close to each other as well as the DSMME and they are Valparaiso, Buffalo, and Elysberg :) I had not written to a 1990s Carmel until now so I figure writing to three I should at least get one reply. Lets just say my time with the hermits gave me much confidence and so the window shopping increases. I will mail the letters tomorrow. :mail:

Yay for confidence and mailing letters! I'm glad you are so active in exploring different communities right now. :clapping:

Competition is nice for some things...but you're going to have to deal with some more 'real' markers of whether or not you are drawn to a community at some point. Still, enjoy the silly stage while you are there! :)

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1292541710' post='2193103']
Ok soooooooooo......

Im strangely competitive as some may recall from my emailing the DSMME and Nashville within five mins of each other and wondering who would write back first. Nashville won btw but I havent heard from them again, the DSMME replied twice and twice said, in slightly different words, get your butt over here on the next vocations retreat. Well now Im doing the same thing but with three Carmels, two of which are kinda close to each other as well as the DSMME and they are Valparaiso, Buffalo, and Elysberg :) I had not written to a 1990s Carmel until now so I figure writing to three I should at least get one reply. Lets just say my time with the hermits gave me much confidence and so the window shopping increases. I will mail the letters tomorrow. :mail:
[/quote]

Mother Miriam of the Buffalo Carmel is probably the nicest vocation director I've ever talked to. She is so sweet and kind. I haven't talked to her since October of last year, but I think of her often.

I hope you hear from the Carmels soon! Please remember, though, that according to tradition, Carmelite nuns don't answer mail until after Advent is finished and the Christmas holiday is passed. :)

I mailed the letters yesterday :like:
[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1292544187' post='2193106']
Yay for confidence and mailing letters! I'm glad you are so active in exploring different communities right now. :clapping:

Competition is nice for some things...but you're going to have to deal with some more 'real' markers of whether or not you are drawn to a community at some point. Still, enjoy the silly stage while you are there! :)
[/quote]
Ive changed so much that I even included my phone number in the letters which is no big deal for some people but for me to do that is a big step. Now its up to the Holy Spirit but while I wait the silliness helps a bit.

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1292548224' post='2193110']
Mother Miriam of the Buffalo Carmel is probably the nicest vocation director I've ever talked to. She is so sweet and kind. I haven't talked to her since October of last year, but I think of her often.

I hope you hear from the Carmels soon! Please remember, though, that according to tradition, Carmelite nuns don't answer mail until after Advent is finished and the Christmas holiday is passed. :)
[/quote]

Its very encouraging to hear that about Mother Miriam :) I look forward to hearing from her, and the other two Carmels, if and when its God's will. For some reason it takes my mail ten days to get to a U.S destination, and vice versa, so by the time my letters get there Advent will be over. Im sure they will have a lot of mail to catch up on which is why I included my phone number as well in case that makes things easier for them. Id be surprised if I heard anything before February. Id be shocked if Valparaiso replies with anything other than "sorry we are full try somewhere else" and for the other two Id be surprised if they did not say something like "sorry but immigration is going to be an issue." God is full of surprises though so anything can happen.

Guest Elizabeth of the Trinity

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1292695405' post='2193344']
I mailed the letters yesterday :like:

Ive changed so much that I even included my phone number in the letters which is no big deal for some people but for me to do that is a big step. Now its up to the Holy Spirit but while I wait the silliness helps a bit.

Its very encouraging to hear that about Mother Miriam :) I look forward to hearing from her, and the other two Carmels, if and when its God's will. For some reason it takes my mail ten days to get to a U.S destination, and vice versa, so by the time my letters get there Advent will be over. Im sure they will have a lot of mail to catch up on which is why I included my phone number as well in case that makes things easier for them. Id be surprised if I heard anything before February. Id be shocked if Valparaiso replies with anything other than "sorry we are full try somewhere else" and for the other two Id be surprised if they did not say something like "sorry but immigration is going to be an issue." God is full of surprises though so anything can happen.
[/quote]

Love you and praying for you brat! Merry Christmas!!!!

[quote name='Elizabeth of the Trinity' timestamp='1292911171' post='2193755']
[/quote]

Waitaminnit!!!

:detective:

[/quote]
:o :o :o

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1292937927' post='2193785']
Waitaminnit!!!

:detective:
[/quote]

WAITAMINIT is right!!! :detective:
:ninja: :nun:

dominicansoul

..just go back!

..go back already..

[quote name='MithLuin' timestamp='1292544187' post='2193106']
Still, enjoy the silly stage while you are there! :)
[/quote]

umm...she's perpetually stuck in that stage.... :unsure:

MissScripture

[/quote]
Vee, stop making up new screen names just to make it seem like you have more friends than you do! :hehe:

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1292982841' post='2193886']
Vee, stop making up new screen names just to make it seem like you have more friends than you do! :hehe:
[/quote]

Im sorry :sad2:

Im really curious how "Elizabeth" got to post on VS after just joining? I thought we had to have ten posts but she got in on the first one. :blink: