An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

Ok the above two pics are of, as you can guess, the chapel.

Here is a little artwork on my cabin desk. I didnt make it of course.

[IMG]http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac195/vee8spics/hsmc/nov051-1.jpg[/IMG]

So while Im keeping the hermits on the table, as well as the OCDs ( I just got a letter from BC after not hearign from them since June as it seems things are getting lost in the mail) Ive also decided to actually write the opposite side and have contacted........ the NDs and the DSMME! Im serious! I just wrote last night and already have replies. I sent my emails within five mins of each other and the NDs won in replying two hours faster than the DSMME hahahaha! This is kinda fun actually.....

Wonderful pictures vee!!!! I didn't notice them before! Thanks for posting!! You're looking into the Dominicans though?! traitor!! :o
But seriously, was it because you came back from 3 weeks on Mt. Carmel looking like this .. :pope3: You might remember you said in chat if you did, you'd be looking into the Dominicans :smile3: I guess Carmel is too holy for you! :P

Seriously though, wow! Those are some speedy replies! :mail:

Edited by Chiquitunga

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291147389' post='2190054']
So while Im keeping the hermits on the table, as well as the OCDs ( I just got a letter from BC after not hearign from them since June as it seems things are getting lost in the mail) Ive also decided to actually write the opposite side and have contacted........ the NDs and the DSMME! Im serious! I just wrote last night and already have replies. I sent my emails within five mins of each other and the NDs won in replying two hours faster than the DSMME hahahaha! This is kinda fun actually.....
[/quote]

Hooray for fun!

And sure, nose around (which is what your SD was telling you to do, right???)

I would however avoid starting off this way:

Dear Vocation Director:

I am very interested in your community because I see that you have a presence in Honolulu and that is my sole basis for being drawn to your charism ...

:P

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291147389' post='2190054']
[/quote]

LOL, that's pretty funny considering that Sr. Joseph Andrew keeps her Blackberry with her at all times! rotfl

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1291156095' post='2190072']
LOL, that's pretty funny considering that Sr. Joseph Andrew keeps her Blackberry with her at all times! rotfl
[/quote]

Actually I was kinda hoping to get a "no, go away" from this infamous Sr. Joseph Andrew however my replies were from Sr. Mary John, and Sr. Mary Emily respectively. Neither said "go away" yet either. In fact the DSMME suggested I go to their Feb retreat hahahaha! They might revoke that as they get to know me more though!

[quote name='Chiquitunga' timestamp='1291148063' post='2190057']
Wonderful pictures vee!!!! I didn't notice them before! Thanks for posting!! You're looking into the Dominicans though?! traitor!! :o
But seriously, was it because you came back from 3 weeks on Mt. Carmel looking like this .. :pope3: You might remember you said in chat if you did, you'd be looking into the Dominicans :smile3: I guess Carmel is too holy for you! :P

Seriously though, wow! Those are some speedy replies! :mail:
[/quote]
Hahahahaa! I will never forget the post nunsense wrote back when I started the thread about reading the Dominican Soul it was epic! I came back looking like Moses?? :topsy: Its not that Carmel is too holy for me maybe Im just too unholy for it! :blink: They did reply quickly, first thing in the morning actually as I sent the emails late last night before bed.

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1291149776' post='2190062']
Hooray for fun!

And sure, nose around (which is what your SD was telling you to do, right???)

I would however avoid starting off this way:

Dear Vocation Director:

I am very interested in your community because I see that you have a presence in Honolulu and that is my sole basis for being drawn to your charism ...

:P
[/quote]

Oh, you mean I shoulnt have written that?!?!?! Now you tell me!!

Yes my priest told me to consider other options as well and so thats what Im doing. Im being very open to each Community that I am looking at others, well I told the Dominicans that anyway, neither Carmel knows yet haha!

A bit about Sister Emmanuel aka Indwelling Trinity

When I first came on phatmass I was just looking for info, resources and some sense of knowing I wasnt alone while I discerned a possible vocation. I never imagined or intended Id become such good friends with anyone let alone end up with another PMer in the same community for three weeks! Thats what happened though and truly VS is a very special place. First though I will say how she is doing as many of you know her health troubles over the past year and she is working so hard! She puts 100% into everything she does and even though she is suffering you wouldnt know it. The prioress knows what she has been through, as do I, and we are both beyond impressed. Only God keeps her going. There is so much I could say but this is it for now. Please keep her in your prayers.

One thing I was asked in chat but I will answer here as well is if Indwelling Trinity and I got to talk. Yes we did, once with permission of the prioress and the other times permission was probably lacking :ninja: :sweat: They did not forbid us from speaking and the silence wasnt really harsh or anything like that its just we were going out of our ways to avoid and ignore each other. It was part of having a friendship adjust to religious life, and allowing us to get to know the other Sisters and them getting to know us. The conversation that happened with the permission of the prioress was because I asked for it and was the last full day I was there. Its kind of funny because I had been praying to St Therese (she would know a few things about the art of sneaking conversations what with so many relations in the same Carmel) that if it be Gods will to give me a chance to talk to Sister, and so a chance would open up like suddenly we were permitted to work alone together on something. The thing was when that happened we barely said a word we were so focused on the work!! I would then go back to my hermitage at the end of the day and say um Therese we were together but didnt really speak got anything else you can do? And so with her saintly :ninja: :saint: :french: :evil: :nun: = Therese assistance we finally got a wonderful chance to talk although we didnt have permission per se. If you ever need to get into any kind of holy mischief in Carmel (or any Order I guess) get Therese's help :like: She can make things happen and besides she got us there in the first place and that was the much harder part so a few mins to have a sisterly chat is nothing in comparison.

A couple of other points. If you lose something forget St Anthony [u][b]say three Glory Be's[/b][/u] instead. This really works as I found out first hand multiple times because I lost stuff, other people lost stuff, or the dog seemed to be lost but after one Glory Be walked past the window haha!

One of the happiest moments I had was one day after Mass when I was enrolled in the brown scapular :cloud9: :love: I knelt in the middle of the choir on a prie dieu and *sigh* it was like kneeling in heaven for the couple of mins it took the priest to do the blessing and read the few paragraphs of the beautiful enrollment. Mary has clothed her prodigal daughter in her habit and let her hide under her mantle :love:

Edited by vee8

Vee!!!!

I haven't been able to get on chat for a loooong while now ... but I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with the sisters and with IT (Sr. Emmanuel). Hopefully I'll be able to get on at some point when you're on.

Blessings,

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1291324761' post='2190452']
Vee!!!!

I haven't been able to get on chat for a loooong while now ... but I'm glad you had a wonderful visit with the sisters and with IT (Sr. Emmanuel). Hopefully I'll be able to get on at some point when you're on.

Blessings,
[/quote]

Cmariaaaaaa I hope to chat with you soon too! Id like to hear about your trip to Rome. :)

dominicansoul

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1291314839' post='2190405']
One thing I was asked in chat but I will answer here as well is if Indwelling Trinity and I got to talk. Yes we did, once with permission of the prioress and the other times permission was probably lacking :ninja: :sweat: They did not forbid us from speaking and the silence wasnt really harsh or anything like that its just we were going out of our ways to avoid and ignore each other. It was part of having a friendship adjust to religious life, and allowing us to get to know the other Sisters and them getting to know us. The conversation that happened with the permission of the prioress was because I asked for it and was the last full day I was there. Its kind of funny because I had been praying to St Therese (she would know a few things about the art of sneaking conversations what with so many relations in the same Carmel) that if it be Gods will to give me a chance to talk to Sister, and so a chance would open up like suddenly we were permitted to work alone together on something. The thing was when that happened we barely said a word we were so focused on the work!! I would then go back to my hermitage at the end of the day and say um Therese we were together but didnt really speak got anything else you can do? And so with her saintly :ninja: :saint: :french: :evil: :nun: = Therese assistance we finally got a wonderful chance to talk although we didnt have permission per se. If you ever need to get into any kind of holy mischief in Carmel (or any Order I guess) get Therese's help :like: She can make things happen and besides she got us there in the first place and that was the much harder part so a few mins to have a sisterly chat is nothing in comparison.[/quote]

Back in the convent, my best friend was Sr. Mary Michael, and we made sure we weren't always together at recreation. She called it "spreading the love..." :hehe:

[quote]A couple of other points. If you lose something forget St Anthony [u][b]say three Glory Be's[/b][/u] instead. This really works as I found out first hand multiple times because I lost stuff, other people lost stuff, or the dog seemed to be lost but after one Glory Be walked past the window haha![/quote]

does this "work" when you lose friends? :(

[quote]One of the happiest moments I had was one day after Mass when I was enrolled in the brown scapular :cloud9: :love: I knelt in the middle of the choir on a prie dieu and *sigh* it was like kneeling in heaven for the couple of mins it took the priest to do the blessing and read the few paragraphs of the beautiful enrollment. Mary has clothed her prodigal daughter in her habit and let her hide under her mantle :love:
[/quote]

..It must be crowded under there, with all the Dominicans... :P

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1291350407' post='2190554']
Back in the convent, my best friend was Sr. Mary Michael, and we made sure we weren't always together at recreation. She called it "spreading the love..." :hehe:
[/quote]

LOL ya spreading the love....and trying not to get this :nono: from the prioress too much.

[quote]does this "work" when you lose friends? [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif[/img][/quote]
aaaaaawwww :console: I dont know try it.

[quote]..It must be crowded under there, with all the Dominicans... [img]http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img][/quote]

Nah most of the crowding is just Aquinas' butt. :o