An Old School Catholic Message Board

Where Is Vee8?

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

Vee,

2011 is going to bring you more concussions by me.

--Ds

Edited by dominicansoul

Well, Ive just written to the Summit OPs :) I thought I might as well see what a cloistered Dominican community has to say. I was getting kind of tired of listening to just Carmelites anyway! :P

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294162114' post='2196561']
Well, Ive just written to the Summit OPs :) I thought I might as well see what a cloistered Dominican community has to say. I was getting kind of tired of listening to just Carmelites anyway! :P
[/quote]

:clapping:

Good for you for window shopping as everybody (other than Sister Indwelling Elizabeth of Hanging Out on the Internet) keeps telling you!

Did you tell Sr Mary Catherine how you were particularly attracted to their community because of the blog post about Canadian postulants, visa issues, and veils nearly catching on fire?

:blink: :nunpray:

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1294171164' post='2196611']
:clapping:

Good for you for window shopping as everybody (other than Sister Indwelling Elizabeth of Hanging Out on the Internet) keeps telling you!

Did you tell Sr Mary Catherine how you were particularly attracted to their community because of the blog post about Canadian postulants, visa issues, and veils nearly catching on fire?

:blink: :nunpray:
[/quote]

Yeah, Sister Indwelling Elizabeth would tell me "I dont see you as a Dominican" but I think that was just due to her lack of imagination and/or her tendency to be wrong!

I did not mention that blog post to them as this was initial contact but I will keep it in mind as a possible question like :"do you have a max number of Canadian postulants you permit to enter due to their propensity to practically set their veil on fire???"

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294177718' post='2196651']
Yeah, Sister Indwelling Elizabeth would tell me "I dont see you as a Dominican" but I think that was just due to her lack of imagination and/or her tendency to be wrong!

I did not mention that blog post to them as this was initial contact but I will keep it in mind as a possible question like :"do you have a max number of Canadian postulants you permit to enter due to their propensity to practically set their veil on fire???"
[/quote]

NO NO NO.

It wasn't that the Canadian Postulant nearly set her veil on fire.

The postulants have little bitty veils, close to the head. No worries.

Due to narrow aisles among lit candles, the NOVICE MISTRESS said that SHE nearly set her OWN veil on fire.

HOME SWEET HOME FOR VEE!

I GOT A REPLY!!!!! :nun2: I LOVE EMAIL! They didnt say "no" or "get lost" ... and here I thought the OPs were supposed to be SMART! :P What did they say then?? Here is an excerpt "How about I send you some information and if you continue to feel attracted to our monastery we can take it from there. "

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1294178073' post='2196654']
NO NO NO.

It wasn't that the Canadian Postulant nearly set her veil on fire.

The postulants have little bitty veils, close to the head. No worries.

Due to narrow aisles among lit candles, the NOVICE MISTRESS said that SHE nearly set her OWN veil on fire.

HOME SWEET HOME FOR VEE!
[/quote]

:o LOL :cloud9:

I had been doing a novena to St Therese and in prayer I learned that she didnt give me roses, she gave me the thorns. I left the intention open again not asking for anything for myself except what God wanted. I got the thorns, the nails, and the cross the most precious things He can give.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294419110' post='2197592']
I had been doing a novena to St Therese and in prayer I learned that she didnt give me roses, she gave me the thorns. I left the intention open again not asking for anything for myself except what God wanted. I got the thorns, the nails, and the cross the most precious things He can give.
[/quote]

"I do not promise you that you will be spared trials, but I shall make you love them, and you will come to say with me: [i]'You have given me, O Lord, delight in Your doings.'" (Ps 92:
4).[/i] St. Therese to her sisters before departing for heaven.

[quote name='jruss' timestamp='1294610279' post='2198319']
"I do not promise you that you will be spared trials,[b] but I shall make you love them, and you will come to say with me[/b]: [i]'You have given me, O Lord, delight in Your doings.'" (Ps 92:
4).[/i] St. Therese to her sisters before departing for heaven.
[/quote]

Thank you for the quote and yes she is certainly doing that. Ive finally become small enough for her to pick up, to hold and to teach. I wasnt letting her before because I wanted to walk on my own and to stay a safe distance away. Thats not Therese though because she was very affectionate in life so "safe distances" arent her thing. She had to knock me flat on my back with a fever to teach me that though.

Speaking of being under the weather there are three Carmels that have very likely received the letters I sent to them. Letters which contain my phone number and I really pray they dont call right now! I sound terrible and my brain functions are even worse.