An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Movies You've Seen Recently

Sarah147

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1294185986' post='2196703']
The Land Before Time
[/quote]

I saw this movie for the second time about two weeks ago. The last time I saw it, I was five. I love it so much :cry2:

I also watched Bambi 2 for the first time today. I didn't think that I would like it. It made me cry :cry2:

...I really like childrens films :P

Edited by MeteorShower

"The King's Speech." It's got some rough language and some sexual innuedo/reference (based on historical fact) so it's for adults, but it's basically very decent. It portrays a loving & supportive husband-wife relationship, loving parent-child relationships (mostly - some dysfunctional, too), our hero faces personal challenges but overcomes his weaknesses and rises to the call of duty, and there's no nudity. Not to mention that it's very well written & acted. Plus the Archbishop of Canterbury comes off looking like a self-important but irrelevant nabob!

The Eagle

It was a lot better that I thought it would be. I was surprised that I actually enjoyed it. It was a little disturbing in some parts, but the themes of honour and friendship were very refreshing.

OnlySunshine

I recently watched "Fly Away Home" for the first time in several years. My family used to own it on VHS, but the tape got lost somewhere, and I hadn't watched in a while. I have a Netflix subscription and noticed it was on Instant Play so I watched it and relaxed. I love that movie, especially the brilliant ending. It makes me cry everytime when Amy and the geese land at the reserve. :)