An Old School Catholic Message Board

I Need Men!

Good Friday

Big hugs for you dude.

Well least you know that you aren't alone in this.

I experience the same thing too.

You're in my prayers Good Friday

Ditto to everything that has already been said here. And I understand the gym class anxiety completely.

And, as for the Piggy from Lord of the Flies comment.... uh.... doesn't he end up falling off a cliff in the end? I certainly don't want to associate Nate with him. But... eh. Whatever. :)

Well, if your mom moves to FL, get her to move to the Bradenton area... I've been there, I know what your going through (the fat thing)... I was 231 at the end of high school... 6 months later, I was 155, then built up to 190....

Join the local gym, play racquetball, workout, and join my kung fu school... You'd make normal male relationships... Especially in the Kung Fu, there is a lot of comradery

Not to mention - SCUBA!! It's amesome... dad's got a boat that I can take almost anytime.

If you stay in your area... volunteer at your Catholic Church, help the poor, etc... You should meet some good guys and you'll be doing some good for God.

God Bless,

ironmonk

Oh my gosh, Nathan and Max, y'all were the "fat kid" at one time too? Guess what? So was I! I was never obese, but when I was in middle school I was at least a little bit overweight. It was so hard; I got my share of taunts, but even worse than that, while I never had SSAs, I always felt that no girl would ever want to go out with me. I felt that way even after I stopped being overweight!

Nathan, all I can say is, hang in there! We're here for ya, bro! (((((HUGS)))))

cmotherofpirl

I understand exactly what you are saying. Everybody needs mentors in their life. Everybody needs somebody older and wiser that they can emotionally rely on, to look up to , and be friends with.

When my husband abandoned us, I looked long and hard to find male replacements for my children. I kept the boys in boy scouts, and my friends husband has always been there for them. Still my oldest ended up in counseling because he was so devastated. My middle boy was "adopted" by his girlfriends big brothers and the boy scout leaders and is doing ok.

My daughter I put in karate. THe karate instructor is a very stong male image who is also a perfect gentleman. She also benefits from my friends husband playing dad.

My extra kid has never had an real parenting from anybody and is harder to deal with. He has a good relationship with the neighbor but still needs more input from males.

I just had to post, because this is probably the first time I've ever read a whole post by Ironmonk and agreed with him:

Go join a scuba club. Scuba is the best activity ever.

(Or whatever other club that appeals to both you and other guys, and involves participation.)

Male friendships usually seem to be formed around a common activity or interest that we cultivate together, because we tend to be more tast oriented than women. I think it's because most men are too wary of appearing girly to ask someone we don't know to hang out; you have to have an excuse and a purpose outside the possibility of making friends. It's as if male friendships are supposed to have the appearance of accidents.

This would probably be pretty interesting for a sociologist to study. It interests me, anyway, but then I'm a nerd.

Edited by _bc

u know i was just thinking about this, it's quite an ingeneous attack the devil has come up with against family and morality.

it starts with contraception. Contraception opens up a whole world of premarital sex. People who have premarital sex usually end up getting divorced. Most men have premarital sex, cause the guys always pressure each other about it and make up conquering stories or tell real conquering stories. Thus these men who have premarital sex run out on their families, leaving a big whole in their children's lives. Which as has been stated here studies show to cause SSA. People tormented with SSA usually don't end up with a healthy, moral family life.

Take advice from Martin Luther ( http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showtopic=34 ) POO ON THE DEVIL!!!

i'm prayin 4 ya Good Friday!

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do thou, o prince of the Heavenly host, by the Power of God thrust into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.

Don't let him win!!! the devils tryin to keep the male influences out of your life, but God is on your side!! u can defeat the devil. This is spiritual warfare, that's what it's all about. We know the outcome, just stay on our side and u're guarenteed victory!

Peace of Christ be upon us all!

You're a living Saint.

Pssh. I'm definitely not. But thank you. :D

And thank you all for your comments, I've found them very helpful. And Aloysius, did you know that Michael was my Confirmation name? I'm very devoted to St. Michael... thanks for the prayers.

And Aloysius, did you know that Michael was my Confirmation name? I'm very devoted to St. Michael... thanks for the prayers.

~Good Friday

wow! i had no idea!!!! for some reason i just felt i had to put that prayer in there... that's just the way my thoughts were leadin me

maybe they weren't my thoughts at all :o;):):):) :)

Thomas Michael

I've been overweight since fifth grade... and gym class was no picnic for me either.... but I lucked out. My high school had this "dual credit" program going on with the local community college, where if you took P.E. courses at the college during the summer, it counted toward your high school credits as well as college hours. It was the best thing that ever happened to me in my education. It was mostly weight training, racquetball and indoor volleyball. I took these courses with older, more mature students and like-minded high-schoolers, and I NEVER had to endure group showers or other high school locker-room trauma.