An Old School Catholic Message Board

Vee8 Answers Your Questions About The Faith

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

VEE,

Why does Holy Scripture say that the Prophet Elijah went up to Heaven in a chariot, when the gates of Heaven weren't even open yet????

Maximilianus

Vee, why are cassocks so cool? Vee, why doesn't the pope ride in a bullet proof Dodge Challenger instead of a euro getup? Vee, what is the signifigance of the green hat and tassels on the coat of arms of the archdiocese of Toledo? Vee, why does the Catholic Channel on Sirius/XM radio think that Notre Dame sports is the be all end all of Catholic sports when most Catholics probably don't care about Notre Dame sports? Vee, why do I have the urge to face palm when everyone breaks out in applause during mass? Vee, why isn't Don John of Austria celebrated more in Catholic circles, yet there is all this harping about Steven Colbert?

[size="1"][b]edited because I can't spell.[/b][/size]

Edited by Maximilianus

Vee why did I got a thorn in my flesh?? That is, why can't I sing no matter how hard I try? Why does the Catechism doesn't teach about voice lessons?

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1294591877' post='2198152']
VEE,

Why does Holy Scripture say that the Prophet Elijah went up to Heaven in a chariot, when the gates of Heaven weren't even open yet????
[/quote]

Since Jesus had yet to open heaven to everyone by dying on the cross Elijah and all the rest went to a waiting room. There they waited while reading old copies of National Geographic and Readers Digest.

[quote name='tnavarro61' timestamp='1294620791' post='2198389']
Vee why did I got a thorn in my flesh?? That is, why can't I sing no matter how hard I try? Why does the Catechism doesn't teach about voice lessons?
[/quote]

God thinks you sound lovely and if others disagree you still increase their glory by helping them with their penance and mortification of the senses.

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1294613652' post='2198340']
vee, why am i so incredibly cool and handsome?

srsly..why?
[/quote]

'Cuz you think you are Tom Cruise back when he was cool and handsome.

[quote name='Maximilianus' timestamp='1294610959' post='2198328']
Vee, why are cassocks so cool? [/quote]

because it looks better than tie dye and because priests who wear them these days tend to not have interpretive dancers give their homily for them.

[quote]
Vee, why doesn't the pope ride in a bullet proof Dodge Challenger instead of a euro getup? [/quote]

because Mercedes is better.
[quote]Vee, what is the signifigance of the green hat and tassels on the coat of arms of the archdiocese of Toledo? Vee, why does the Catholic Channel on Sirius/XM radio think that Notre Dame sports is the be all end all of Catholic sports when most Catholics probably don't care about Notre Dame sports?[/quote]
ask the Holy spirit

[quote]Vee, why do I have the urge to face palm when everyone breaks out in applause during mass? [/quote]

because its annoying especially when you want to pray.

[quote]
Vee, why isn't Don John of Austria celebrated more in Catholic circles, yet there is all this harping about Steven Colbert?[/quote]

because Colbert has his own tv show and Don John doesnt

[quote name='holly.o' timestamp='1294622883' post='2198400']
Vee, what is God's will for me?

Please be more specific than "for me to be happy and go to heaven."

Thx!
[/quote]

you have to play nice with the other kids and help them get to heaven too.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1294623102' post='2198403']
you have to play nice with the other kids and help them get to heaven too.
[/quote]

:getaclue:

You basically asked for that ;)

[quote name='holly.o' timestamp='1294623177' post='2198405']
:getaclue:

You basically asked for that ;)
[/quote]

because you like hitting people you are meant to be a Dominican. Clearly this is God's will. I asked.