An Old School Catholic Message Board

Theofficial Ask The Opposite Sex A Question Thread

Krush2k2

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:24 PM'] well, then. why is it expected that women shave their legs? [/quote]
I wish I knew cause I don't like doing it, but I don't like have hairy legs either. :wacko:

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 21 2004, 11:59 AM'] Why is it so hard for you to remember birthdays, holidays, anniversaries? [/quote]
I wish I could tell you, but as soon as I am reminded of something like that, I can't remember why I forgot it....

:P

Actually the only anniversary my wife and I have celebrated so far (one month wedding), she forgot. so.......

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:23 PM'] You know, I think we are all learning a little too much about Adam today...

Must say, my husband wouldn't wear underwear twice in a row... Adam's weird. [/quote]
No...not Adam

Other...men....that I know...

[quote name='Mrs. Bro. Adam' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:27 PM'] No...not Adam

Other...men....that I know... [/quote]
Suuurrrrre.... ;)

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='thicke' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:27 PM'] I wish I could tell you, but as soon as I am reminded of something like that, I can't remember why I forgot it....

:P

Actually the only anniversary my wife and I have celebrated so far (one month wedding), she forgot. so....... [/quote]
I'm headed into our ninth month of being married. We, at most, give each other a hug and kiss and say, 'Happy ___ months!"

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:28 PM'] Really? dirty underwear is the subject of conversion among friends? ;) [/quote]
You'd be surprised what I find out when I just sit and listen to my friend's mother talk....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='prov31girl' date='Apr 21 2004, 02:38 PM'] So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]
[b]Very[/b] good question!

MC IMaGiNaZUN

[quote]So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]

I will try to answer this question. It has to do with the way that men and women communicate things. Guys are very direct, they say what they mean, and mean what they way. And sometimes they need to be told directly and clearly for them to understand. (I am not saying women need to be direct in this area...) Girls are generally much more subtle and implicit. I think that in both cases, girls usually do not understand that guys communicate and think differently, and guys usually understand less than girls that girls communicate differently. Anyways i hope that could clarify something?

Its kind of funny because i usually have like a million questions, but right now i cannot think of any.

I actually want to know how to do something, not why girls are this way. How do i develop a good just-friends relationship with a women, without making her think that i am making a move (trying to hook up with her). I am a bit distand with women, ever since i was recieving a lot of signals, and i dont want to hurt them, or confuse them. But how does a guy do this without sending the wrong message?

SHALOM

[quote name='MC IMaGiNaZUN' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:47 PM'] I actually want to know how to do something, not why girls are this way. How do i develop a good just-friends relationship with a women, without making her think that i am making a move (trying to hook up with her). I am a bit distand with women, ever since i was recieving a lot of signals, and i dont want to hurt them, or confuse them. But how does a guy do this without sending the wrong message?

SHALOM [/quote]
That's a tough one. The best advice I can give is to try to be more like a brother to her and vocalize your desires to not date her. You could be subtle about it by just saying that you don't want to be in a dating relationship right now. I can't guarantee that will keep her from having an interest in you because us women are funny like that sometimes. When it comes to guys we like, we sometimes ignore the truth.

homeschoolmom

[quote name='prov31girl' date='Apr 21 2004, 12:38 PM'] So why is it that guys just can't take a hint? [/quote]
NEVER hint at men if you expect them to do something. If you want something, say so. They usually want to make their wives/girlfriends happy and will pretty much do what you want (expect put the seat down in some cases, I guess).

Whoa whoa, see now-lol
I waited for this one girl for over a year and a half-did everything for her, got her roses, teddy bears, wrote her poems-all of that-and became REALLY close to her family-I even went overseas with them to the Dominican Republic last summer. Anyways, she told me recently she saw me too much as a brother and couldnt like me as much as I liked her, so now we are just friends-"kind-of" i was nothing but the best guy to her-now she is talking to some jerk whose not even cool. To me that makes no sense.