An Old School Catholic Message Board

Flourishing Order

cmotherofpirl

cmotherofpirl

[url="http://www.sistersofmary.org/index.html"]http://www.sistersofmary.org/index.html[/url]

Found this at Mary Shea's site. They have gone from 4 to 40 postulates in 6 years.

You know the founder of this community, Mother Assumpta Long, who was once the Mother Superior of the Nashville Dominicans, also helped in the foundation, at the request of Cardinal O'Connor, the Sisters of Life.

Mother Assumpta went to New York and and joined a team of experienced religious who provided the formation for Mother Mary Agnes Donovan and the other Sisters of Life. She then returned to Nashville and received permission to leave and found another Dominican community with the express devotion to Our Lady, Mother of the Eucharist.

This community is very cool. Very POD.

yeah whats pod?
by the way look
<----- my avatar is the community's symbol. i have my psychological test on Fri. after that i can send my application back to Mother Assumpta!

let_go_let_God

When I went to Toronto for WYD I met some Dominican Sisters and they are awesome, as are all sisters.

• 2 weeks later...

They're pretty awesome. A friend of mine who's a Jesuit scholastic down here in St. Louis is good friends with a number of the nuns up in Ann Arbor. They're totally solid as far as I know.
In Christ,
Dave

• 3 weeks later...

aww i just watched them on life on the rock
makes it feel alittle more like home to see the sisters again

lol . . . POD

Pious and Overly Devotional . . .

It used to be used as a complaint for seminarians who were too 'traditional' or conservative such as "Good all around student, but too pious and overly devotional"

So now, Fr. Bryce Sibley has reclaimed the word as a compliment . . . Sisters in habits are always very POD . . . especially if they spend long hours in adoration!