An Old School Catholic Message Board

--------- = Satan

Ed Normile

I glanced through the Mcd's = satan post and then bypassed the Techno = thread altogether.The first caused me to think why would one want to see evil in a fast food restaurant? Sure there are the issues brought up such as grease and fat, self regulation would negate those issues, afterall are we not responsible for our actions? I would assume it would be far better spiritually to look for the good things McD's brings to our society. I am sure there are those who hate their jobs there, but McD's employs untold thousands supplying them with the ability to earn monies honestly with the chance at advancement, plus a good work ethic to carry them towards other employment oppurtunities. McD's is always a clean environment to eat at, provides a tasty fare at a reasonable rate allowing many who could not afford to eat at a more expensive establishment the staples of nutrition. McD's history from inception provides a classic American success story to inspire entrepeneurs onward to possible success.

My point for posting this, we are to beleive when dealing with the deceiver that if we seek him we will welcome him, the same is true with our Lord. Why then should we as Catholic's and Christians waste our time, even in a light hearted manner, to relate places or things to the evil one? We should look for the good in all things of life, and when we see the good, the value, the truth, the cleanliness in these places or objects then we can recognise that these are things of God mirrored in the efforts of man, and then we are open to allowing God into our lives.

ed

Great perspective on things!

I believe people yell "Satan!" as an argument from outrage. They are mad about something, disgusted by something. It tests their limits and it's a strategy to set yourself apart from what you don't want or can't handle with.

A negative attitude sees a negative source in negative things. A positive attitude sees a positive source in positive things.

Hey that's actually a good line.

Exorcism is getting trendy again, right?

Oh, I went to look at that thread about McDonald's and it's clearly a parody on the Techno one...! :owned:

But I think all we've said still applies and is important!

I mean, some people out there sure could use it...

[img]http://nateschaus.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/westboro-baptist-church.jpg[/img]
[img]http://nerdpride.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Igreja-Batista-Westboro-00001.jpg[/img]

Edited by ExCorde

[quote name='ExCorde' timestamp='1296821036' post='2208635']
[img]http://nerdpride.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Igreja-Batista-Westboro-00001.jpg[/img]
[/quote]
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels, and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296839692' post='2208709']
This looks shopped. I can tell from some of the pixels, and from seeing quite a few shops in my time.
[/quote]

LOL Of course it is. Romans 9:13 doesn't say much either.

Besides, I know God loves me anyway so this can't be true. :bible:

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1296795351' post='2208522']
I glanced through the Mcd's = satan post and then bypassed the Techno = thread altogether.The first caused me to think why would one want to see evil in a fast food restaurant? Sure there are the issues brought up such as grease and fat, self regulation would negate those issues, afterall are we not responsible for our actions? I would assume it would be far better spiritually to look for the good things McD's brings to our society. I am sure there are those who hate their jobs there, but McD's employs untold thousands supplying them with the ability to earn monies honestly with the chance at advancement, plus a good work ethic to carry them towards other employment oppurtunities. McD's is always a clean environment to eat at, provides a tasty fare at a reasonable rate allowing many who could not afford to eat at a more expensive establishment the staples of nutrition. McD's history from inception provides a classic American success story to inspire entrepeneurs onward to possible success.

My point for posting this, we are to beleive when dealing with the deceiver that if we seek him we will welcome him, the same is true with our Lord. Why then should we as Catholic's and Christians waste our time, even in a light hearted manner, to relate places or things to the evil one? We should look for the good in all things of life, and when we see the good, the value, the truth, the cleanliness in these places or objects then we can recognise that these are things of God mirrored in the efforts of man, and then we are open to allowing God into our lives.

ed
[/quote]
Um . . . the McD's thread was a joke, based on an old thread that everyone seems to agree was silly.

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1296818214' post='2208618']
[color="#FF0000"][size="5"]BEGONE STAN!!![/size][/color]
[/quote]
I hate Stan.

[quote name='Ed Normile' timestamp='1296795351' post='2208522']

ed
[/quote]

I've worked at Mickey D's for 4 years now. I have seen the eyes of Satan. [i]Lord knows I have indeed seen the eyes of Satan.[/i]

Also it was a joke :|

Mark of the Cross

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1296839692' post='2208709']
[/quote]

Besides that the signs are the wrong way around. To pass judgement on someone is to pass judgement on yourself.

Thanks for pointing out the thread was a joke, I thought you guys were seriously searching for satan in your life experiences and wondered why anyone would even think about that ! Oh yeah, completely disregard where I wrote " [b]even in a light hearted manner[/b] ", oh thats right you already have. shew!

ed