An Old School Catholic Message Board

Random Acts Of Catholicism?

Mickey's_Girl

[b]Very[/b] cool. I would be much too cowardly to do that.

(It is heartening to know that not everyone is a wimp like me.)

...working on it, though...

MichaelFilo

I am rather glad this thread was resseructed, and more so that it was my fault.

To add to the list, I have become in the habit of saying grace before everything I eat and drink, even if it is just a refill, or a strawberry, or something.

When told to pray the Rosary outloud (in groups) I usually start off in Latin and not notice it (not everyone appreciates Latin, you know).

God bless,
Mikey

sweetpea316

Hmm...something I noticed about myself recently...nothing big but I thought it was an interesting change in me. Everytime something about Catholicism, my ears totally perk up and I am immediately interested. Whether it be on tv, in a movie, or just people talking...it sparks a huge interest in me now. That is all. God bless! ^_^

Mickey's_Girl

[quote name='sweetpea316' date='Jun 9 2005, 01:57 PM']Hmm...something I noticed about myself recently...nothing big but I thought it was an interesting change in me. Everytime something about Catholicism, my ears totally perk up and I am immediately interested. Whether it be on tv, in a movie, or just people talking...it sparks a huge interest in me now. That is all. God bless!  ^_^
[right][snapback]608004[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

Yay! I so know that feeling...I still get it, hee hee! (I hope I never get blase about it...calm is all right, but blase is bad.)

:wub:

MG

photosynthesis

once during my militant feminist anti-Catholic days, I was in the shower (which is where I have all my major revelations) and I thought to myself, "hey, maybe sex outside marriage is wrong..."

I later left the organized feminist movement because of that, and also contraception and abortion.

Fiat_Voluntas_Tua

I would like to hear your conversion story... it sounds like it would be intense.

Totus Tuus,
Andrew Joseph

• 2 weeks later...

I had my "Catholic" moments too before I began my conversion. First off, I also needed a Crucifix. Then, I needed a Rosary. I would go up in the hills, all along, and learn to pray the Rosary.

It was a very special time for me. It's fun to look back and then see how far I've come!

Mickey's_Girl

[quote name='photosynthesis' date='Jun 11 2005, 08:50 PM']once during my militant feminist anti-Catholic days, I was in the shower (which is where I have all my major revelations) and I thought to myself, "hey, maybe sex outside marriage is wrong..."

I later left the organized feminist movement because of that, and also contraception and abortion.
[right][snapback]609488[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

HA! "Maybe sex outside marriage is wrong." That is so awesome!

Daniel 9 said:
[quote]I had my "Catholic" moments too before I began my conversion. First off, I also needed a Crucifix. Then, I needed a Rosary. I would go up in the hills, all along, and learn to pray the Rosary.[/quote]

Hee hee (gleeful laugh)! That is SO great!

I love hearing everyone's stories. God works in mysterious ways, different for each of us. :wub:

MG