An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ghandi A Saint?

Paladin D

Btw, I compared the Saint calendar of that book to a Catholic one, and they seemed a little different. Martin Luther King Jr, was on there LOL.

For some stupid reason, the title of the book should explain it all. It says of "ALL Faiths". Though majority of the saints, prophets and witnesses were early Christians/Catholics.

And all this time, I thought it was a Catholic book. :)

ryanmeyersmusic

MLK was hardly a Saint... Did a lot for civil rights, and was a martyr for his cause, but didn't live the life of someone that would be considered a Saint by the Church...

Winchester

But there is a street named after him in every American city.

That's gotta mean something.

Ok, I wasn't going to do this, but since the Ghandi thread is still going strong...

Mahatma Gandhi, as you know, walked barefoot most of the

time, which produced an impressive set of calluses on his feet.

He also ate very little, which made him rather frail and with his odd diet, he suffered from bad breath.

This made him....

A super callused, fragile mystic, hexed by halitosis. :lol:

Ghandi when asked why he adamantly rejected notions of his conversion to Christianity -> "Oh, I don't reject your Christ. I love your Christ. It's just that so many of you Christians are so unlike your Christ."

IMHO, that's a crock. By that logic no one would convert to the true faith because of Judas Iscariot. If someone really loves Christ, they should demonstrate it by uniting with Christ's Church, outside of which there is no salvation. Ghandi was talking out of both sides of his mouth.

I also disagree with the idea of a common martyrology.

A few years ago, I had the opportunity to visit with an old Catholic school chum of mine. He no longer practiced the Faith, or any other faith. As he put it, "I don't go to Church because the people in Church are hypocrites."

Gee, I replied, "better stay outta the grocery store, and bars...There's hypocrites there, too!" ;)

Good one, Anna!

Yes, Don John, it is offensive. To say so (and mean so) is not dissing the person of Ghandi nor anyone else.

To be a martyr of the Catholic Church, one needs be Catholic.

P.S. Mark is on the money: the fact of Judas or any othergreater/lesser sinners (ie, all of us) being in the Church.

Edited by Donna