An Old School Catholic Message Board

For The Recovery Of Jarrod Kimble

Adrestia

[center][font="Times New Roman"][color="#000099"][b][i]Prayer for the Beatification of Henriette Delille
(for The Recovery Of Jarrod Kimble)

[/i][/b][/color][/font][/center] [center] [/center] [font="Times New Roman"][color="#000099"]O good and gracious God, You called Henriette Delille to give herself in service and in love to the slaves and the sick, to the orphan and the aged, to the forgotten and the despised.[/color][/font]

[font="Times New Roman"][color="#000099"]Grant that, inspired by her life, we might be renewed in heart and in mind. If it be Your will, may she one day be raised to the honor of sainthood.

By her prayers, may we live in harmony and peace, through Jesus Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
[/color][/font]

Letter from a leader of the local Catholic Medical Student Association about her husband, Jarrod Kimble (reprinted with her permission):

[quote]Dear CMSA and Friends in Christ,

PLEASE if you can spare the 4 minutes, READ this entire email. I would sincerely appreciate it.

This is one of your Co-Presidents, Danielle Schwartzenburg. I was married to the love of my life exactly 6 weeks ago today. And on this day (and days henceforth) I am asking you. No, I'm begging you... for your prayers. I took my newlywed husband into the ER at St. Josephs Hospital in Houston on Thursday the 10th, with flu-like and cold symtoms. We thought he might need an antibiotic after ZOfran or some anti-nausea injection, since he could not keep food down for the last 4 days.

What we had in store for us was more than either of us could have ever fathomed. Long story short, he was admitted due to a typical (but progressed) left lower lobe pnemonia and treated on broad spec antibiotics. Over the course of 24 hours he worsened, and eventually on Friday was transferred to the ICU. The CT scan and X rays at this time showed the pneumonia had spread bilaterally, with complete 'white out' of the left lung. Though they treated him aggressively at St. Josephs, they could not improve his oxygen saturation, as it quickly declined... further and further... literally dropping into the low 60's and even into the 50%s.... It was terrifying. He was transferred the second a bed opened to Methodist Hosptial Cardiovascular ICU... in order to begin treatment with ECMO (extracorporeal membrane oxygenation - please google). Thanks to the many prayers being offered up, he has been improving slowly but surely here at Methodist for 6 days now. It will take weeks or months, but I believe in my heart through the power of prayer and ALMIGHTY GOD, he will make it through this.

This is where I need your help. Below is a string of emails, send from priests at the co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart in downtown houston. You see, my newlywed husband is the head of the "MC" (master of ceremonies) and alterserving program. He puts his heart and soul into helping the church and planning liturgies, and is close to ALL of the priests there. So we have that prayer going round the clock. Father Lawrence, one of the priests, had heard about a nun from teh 1800s who had one miracle attributed to her - it was a little girl on ECMO, in Galveston TX at our very own UTMB. Father Lawrence wants to invoke the intercession of this nun, Sister Henriette Delille. HOw ironic is it that her miracle was performed at UTMB, where I the wife am a medical student; and that the nun/convent is from New Orleans, LA... and my husband, myself, and ALL of our familes are located in Louisiana!!,! Most about 1 hour away from New Orleans.

I want him to get well. As soon and as fully as possible, It takes time, but I belive in the power of prayer and I ask for your help during this time. Please pray for him, his family, and pray for Sister Henrietta to intercede for him. I trust in God that all will happen as it should. Some of you might read half the email. Some will read all then delete, but even if just one of you adds this short prayer to your daily routine, I will have sent a (LONG) email that accomplished its goal - adding to our prayer power. The prayer is at the end of this message.

As I often send email reminders about CMSA events and activities, please forgive me for my absence, as I will be busy with my hands full. You'll have to wait for information from the other officers in regards to weekly activities resuming/continuing, and for any future activities.

I do want to extend a sincere thanks to the other CMSA officers for sending a DELICIOUS COOKIE BOUQUET which Jarrod's Family and I have really enjoyed, and have shared with other patient families stuck in the ICU Waiting room, hoping to hear good news. I have been truly and amazingly touched by such love from all walks of life. If there was ever a doubt in my mind that humanity was inherently good, those doubts are entirely disbanded due to these events. I could go on with the specific ways I have SEEN GOD DIRECTLY AT WORK in my husband's illness. I know he is with us, and we will keep holding on and pushing forward! Help us through the power of prayer, I beg you.

Venerable Henriette's Website:[url="https://webmail.utmb.edu/owa/redir.aspx?C=f1456f24af9542de89821bfc9a422e29&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.sistersoftheholyfamily.com%2fwelcome.html"]http://www.sistersoftheholyfamily. com/welcome.html[/url]
Venerable Henriette's Prayer (please pray it as often as you are able.)
**SHE was declared venerable in 2010. SHE needs one miracle for beatification, and one more for sainthood.**[/quote]