An Old School Catholic Message Board

Am I The Only One Who Thinks...

willguy

Am I the only one who thinks that the struggles, questions, situations, problems, etc. of potential converts (or of people telling their conversion experience) sound remarkably similar to those of people discerning a vocation? What do you all think about this?

most certainly...trying to follow God's will can be scary (human response NOT from God) because we are going towards and unknown, though in that unknown is God who loves and cares for each of us so much, that it any struggles and fear pale in comparasion....

in Christ and Mary,
fr. Matt

actually mine really is the same. i had the conversion while/after i began to realize i'm called to religious life.
i was always a "cradle Catholic"

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there...I saw your message on phatmass.com and wanted to drop you an email. I think it's wonderful that you are discerning a vocation to religious life! Be confident of my prayers for you.
I just joined a Benedictine monastery in January to begin my vocation in becoming a monk. If you have any questions or want to discuss anything in regards to religious life don't hesitate to email me at cspb2004@yahoo.com. Check out my online Vocation Journal I began before entering the monastery and continue to keep up to date where I chronicle my journey in religious life. You can check it out at: [url="http://www.myvocation.blogdrive.com"]http://www.myvocation.blogdrive.com[/url] Peace, Ryan

[quote name='sista2b' date='Apr 22 2004, 09:42 PM'] actually mine really is the same. i had the conversion while/after i began to realize i'm called to religious life.
i was always a "cradle Catholic" [/quote]
Me too.

Wow, I never thought of that before, I make sence as a vocation is just the continuation of our conversion.

[quote name='friarMatt' date='Apr 21 2004, 10:38 PM'] most certainly...trying to follow God's will can be scary (human response NOT from God) because we are going towards and unknown, though in that unknown is God who loves and cares for each of us so much, that it any struggles and fear pale in comparasion....

in Christ and Mary,
fr. Matt [/quote]
hey! where's FriarMatt been?

anyways, Dusty Fro, a cradle Catholic is a Catholic who has been Catholic since infancy...

daugher-of-Mary

Yes, definitely. I started discernment awhile before I was received into the Church. :blink: