An Old School Catholic Message Board

103 Year Old Nun!

DameAgnes

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

She is an [url="http://www.ascjus.org/"]Apostle of the Sacred Heart of Jesus[/url]! She's front page news! lol

Congratulations to her and her life given to Christ and in service to His Church!

I hope one day I can be like her. I'm sure she's really had a full life, and she is just overflowing with such joy! I think only a life lived completely for Christ can be so fruitful and joyful. :)

I'm sure that's just the way her community does things, but with the white veil she rather looks like a 103-year-old novice!

Talk about a later vocation!

+Praised be Jesus Christ!

May God bless her and her community. What a testimony to the mercy of Our Lord, the grace of the Holy Spirit and the Faithfulness of the Father. May we all learn from her! Prayers!

Pax,

TradMom

LaPetiteSoeur

That's amesome. A phys ed teacher once remarked that "nuns never die."

Did anyone else hear about the ND who is around 101? I can't imagine being a century old!

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1298583018' post='2215317']
I'm sure that's just the way her community does things, but with the white veil she rather looks like a 103-year-old novice!

Talk about a later vocation!
[/quote]

Many communities that have nursing apostolates have a white habit and veil that they wear, even if the regular habit is black with a black veil. Sometimes, communities have summer habits that are white as well.

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1298763242' post='2215902']

Did anyone else hear about the ND who is around 101? I can't imagine being a century old!
[/quote]

Yeah, I've seen her before. She's not near as that sister, and I think she might be blind. I think in the Heritage Room there was something that said she has been at St. Cecilia's for the 75th and 150th Jubilees!!! :o

Catherine Therese

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1298763242' post='2215902']

[/quote]

When I visited this past January they told me she's 102 years old :)
Hot on the heels of this lovely old dear in the link!

MarisStella

[quote name='MarisStella' timestamp='1298861234' post='2216321']
Yeah, I've seen her before. She's not near as that sister, and I think she might be blind. I think in the Heritage Room there was something that said she has been at St. Cecilia's for the 75th and 150th Jubilees!!! :o
[/quote]

I don't know what I was trying to say here. :blush: "She's not near as spry" perhaps. haha.