An Old School Catholic Message Board

Mother Angelica Near Death?

Era Might

Has anyone heard anything about Mother Angelica? I read on another forum that she may be near death. Pray for her. She's a Saint of a woman. She'll always have a special place in my heart.

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

I haven't heard anything and the Monastery hasn't updated their Mother Angelica Updates page in almost a year (if not more) it looks like. We should especially keep her in our prayers.

It wouldn't be the first time she was near death. She has proved many doctors wrong. I hope this is another one of those times.

From Fr. Zuhlsdorf's blog:

[quote] Dear Father,

This was just released on our Official EWTN Facebook page:

“Please be advised that contrary to some recent comments on the internet there has been no change in Mother Angelica’s condition. She is happy to have your prayers and is looking forward her 88th birthday next month”

God Bless,

Gus Federle
Manager of Volunteer Support
EWTN Global Catholic Network[/quote]

[b] [font="Verdana"][size="2"][i]Raymond Arroyo (on Facebook):[/i][/size][/font][/b]

[b][font="Verdana"][size="2"][i]Getting lots of e-mails and calls from people worried about Mother Angelica. There was a Twitter released earlier today indicating that she needed "prayer" and that "death seems near." I spoke with Mother today, she was eating ice cream at the time. Please keep Mother and her sisters in your prayers, but know that she is fine and her health is unchanged.[/i][/size][/font][/b]

So the real question is --what flavor of ice cream was she eating? I'm thinking she's a mint chocolate chip person.

MissScripture

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1300926151' post='2222808']
So the real question is --what flavor of ice cream was she eating? I'm thinking she's a mint chocolate chip person.
[/quote]
Nope, definitely butter pecan!

Ash Wednesday

Does she still have a patch on her eye? A nun with a patch on her eye is just about one of the coolest looking things ever.

But seriously, glad she's okay and wish her continued health.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='elizabeth09' timestamp='1301791971' post='2225519']
What was wrong with her?
[/quote]

She is 88 years old!

I was thinking when I seen the title of this thread that at her age , even if she is enjoying great health at the moment she is certainly nearer to death than most here. God bless her she is certainly a great soul.

ed

dominicansoul

I think i'm nearer to death than she and i'm substantially younger than she is...

...one never knows the day nor the hour...

Lil'Monster

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1301846371' post='2225609']
I think i'm nearer to death than she and i'm substantially younger than she is...

...one never knows the day nor the hour...
[/quote]

well acourse cuz Vee has been bashin u with the chair about everyday! that can really cause problems! lol hahaha