An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will You Accept The Challenge?

Deusdedit

Vocation video from the Sisters of St Joseph the Worker which sums up the vocation to the consecrated life beautifully:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqIyFbKq5zk&feature=player_embedded

OnlySunshine

Beautiful video! Thank you for posting it. I can only hope and pray that I have the vocation to religious life. I've wanted this for a few years now, but it always seemed so far away from me because of health problems, but there has been an increasing amount of hope lately that my desire will come true. I do so long to serve Jesus in religious life and live totally for Him alone. "To follow the Lamb wherever He goes..." :nun1:

Glad you like the video- Prayers for your vocation! You will be an asset to any community- in fact they should be falling over themselves to snap you up because you will be more compassionate and understanding than others who haven't suffered in the same way.

I had depression and other issues for many years and the community of Sisters I hope to join(Anglican) are very understanding(they have a Sister who had similar problems and also one Sister who has learning disabilities) I also remember reading about a Catholic order of Sisters in the US specially for women with Down's Syndrome.

If religious life is your vocation, you WILL found a community that will only be too happy to have you and that will be accomodating and in which you will feel 'at home' and happy and be able to grow and flourish in Christ!:smile2:

OnlySunshine

[quote name='Deusdedit' timestamp='1301014672' post='2223080']
Glad you like the video- Prayers for your vocation! You will be an asset to any community- in fact they should be falling over themselves to snap you up because you will be more compassionate and understanding than others who haven't suffered in the same way.

I had depression and other issues for many years and the community of Sisters I hope to join(Anglican) are very understanding(they have a Sister who had similar problems and also one Sister who has learning disabilities) I also remember reading about a Catholic order of Sisters in the US specially for women with Down's Syndrome.

If religious life is your vocation, you WILL found a community that will only be too happy to have you and that will be accomodating and in which you will feel 'at home' and happy and be able to grow and flourish in Christ!:smile2:
[/quote]

Thank you for your prayers. I have much hope that if religious life is my true vocation, He'll find a way. I've definitely been discouraged in the past, but I'm prayerful that my desire will be answered. I've wanted to be a religious since the time I discovered there was such a vocation when I was 24. I'm almost 28. I think I've put the dream aside twice. I'm getting to the age where I'm going to be at the top of the age limit for many orders so I am definitely looking with an open heart.

Thank you for your kind words. You are right that I've learned a lot about myself. I've still got a long ways to go because I feel that I could be more compassionate and understanding to others, especially people in my own family. That's a work in progress. I'm no saint, but I hope to be one day! :nun1: