An Old School Catholic Message Board

Church Veils For Women

FutureSister2009

Church Veils for Women  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

InPersonaChriste

I was pretty sure Vatican II document never changed the head covering in mass....

[img]http://www.garlandsofgrace.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/covering-225x300.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.garlandsofgrace.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/cache/product_img_1429_400x400.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.garlandsofgrace.com/wp-content/uploads/wpsc/cache/product_img_2006_400x400.jpg[/img]

I really need to make one of these :)

Edited by InPersonaChriste

[quote name='EmilyAnn' timestamp='1323813859' post='2350643']

Veiling, for those called to do so, is a truly wonderful experience. I'm the only person in my parish who veils but I've stopped caring now. When I started I was nervous but now I can't imagining going to church without one. I thoroughly recommend you try it out, at least just once.
[/quote]

This; I've stopped caring what people think about it for a long time, and I'm glad for that. I'm usually the only one with a head covering (not always, though) but I have had SO many surprise supportive comments from people! Not a single negative one since I started consistently wearing it.

I feel called to wear it, and I'm so glad that I do. It's been a simple but effective means of helping me in my devotion, and apparently it helps OTHER people, too, from the comments I've received! So if someone is considering it but is afraid to, don't ever be shy about it. The initial "embarrassment" will wear off and you'll find that you don't even think twice about what people think. Because it's not for THEM anyway! :)

InPersonaChriste those are GORGEOUS!!! How are they made? Because I would LOVE to try my hand at making one, as well!!!

InPersonaChriste

[quote name='CherieMadame' timestamp='1323843344' post='2351065']
This; I've stopped caring what people think about it for a long time, and I'm glad for that. I'm usually the only one with a head covering (not always, though) but I have had SO many surprise supportive comments from people! Not a single negative one since I started consistently wearing it.

I feel called to wear it, and I'm so glad that I do. It's been a simple but effective means of helping me in my devotion, and apparently it helps OTHER people, too, from the comments I've received! So if someone is considering it but is afraid to, don't ever be shy about it. The initial "embarrassment" will wear off and you'll find that you don't even think twice about what people think. Because it's not for THEM anyway! :)

InPersonaChriste those are GORGEOUS!!! How are they made? Because I would LOVE to try my hand at making one, as well!!!
[/quote]

I actually do not know! I was thinking of contacting the young lady who makes them and asking her for measurements, or a pattern maybe.