An Old School Catholic Message Board

Bendito, Bendito

JenDeMaria

We have an Hispanic community at my parish and on Tuesday nights we have a bilingual adoration service which always ends with "Bendito, Bendito". I would love to learn the lyrics to this sing so that I can sing it, but I have had no luck with finding the lyrics online. Help?

Sternhauser

[quote name='JenDeMaria' timestamp='1303675823' post='2231914']
We have an Hispanic community at my parish and on Tuesday nights we have a bilingual adoration service which always ends with "Bendito, Bendito". I would love to learn the lyrics to this sing so that I can sing it, but I have had no luck with finding the lyrics online. Help?
[/quote]

Is this the right one?

[font="Arial"][size="2"][b][color="#ff0000"][color="#000000"]Bendito, Bendito Sea Dios[/color]
[/color][/b][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]
Bendito, Bendito,[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Bendito sea Dios[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]los ángeles cantan[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]y alaban a Dios.[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Yo creo, Jesús mío, que estás en el altar,[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]oculto en la hostia te vengo a adorar ( 2 )[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Espero, Jesús mío, en tu suma bondad,[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]
poder recibirte con fe y caridad ( 2 )[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Por el amor al hombre moriste en una cruz[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]y al cáliz
bajaste por nuestra salud ( 2 )[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Jesús, Rey del cielo está en el altar,
[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]su Cuerpo, su Sangre, nos da sin cesar ( 2 )[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]Entre sus ovejas está el Buen Pastor,[/color][/size][/font] [font="Arial"][size="2"][color="#000000"]
en vela continua lo tiene el amor ( 2 )[/color][/size][/font]

[url="http://acjm.50webs.com/canc/cantoseucar.html"]http://acjm.50webs.c...antoseucar.html[/url]

~Sternhauser

Edited by Sternhauser

I think there's another verse:

Jesus de mi alma te doy mi corazon
y al cambio te pido me des Tu bendicion

plus the verse

Por el amor al hombre moriste en una cruz y al cáliz
bajaste por nuestra salud ( 2 )

could be sung as:

Por amor al hombre moriste en una cruz
y al caliz desciendes por nuestra salud (x2)

Your best bet is to ask someone in the Spanish community. Also songbooks like Flor y Canto and the spanish missalette should have that song in it and it may be the version that's being sung. I'd ask someone though ... each community may sing it slightly differently (you are talking about oh, 10-15 countries at least that sing the song).

• 2 weeks later...
JenDeMaria

Wow, I misplaced this thread -- thank you for the replies!

And thank YOU Sternhouser, that is the one! At least, I recognize a lot of the lyrics. Mucho gracias!

And thank you, too, cmariadiaz! We usually only sing the first couple of verses, though, so it should be ok. Now, all I have to do is learn how to pray the rosary in Spanish...

There's an app for that. The catholic one app lets you change the language to Spanish and then you can pray the rosary ( the app shows you the text)

JenDeMaria

[quote name='cmariadiaz' timestamp='1304895917' post='2238839']
There's an app for that. The catholic one app lets you change the language to Spanish and then you can pray the rosary ( the app shows you the text)
[/quote]

Oh, how cool! Too bad I'm the very last person in the world to carry a cell phone :blush: