An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown Till I Go Off To Carmel

carmelite15

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1313251026' post='2287012']
I am very busy!!! but I just wanted to say I have 7 more days. and I love all you guys so much you guys are like my family I am gonna miss you guys so much. I know right not to much longer!
[/quote]

Great to hear from you, Brandee!! We all love you :nun1: and are keeping you in prayer!! :nun3:

Brandee also posted on her blog today, [url="http://thecarmeliteblogger.blogspot.com/"]http://thecarmeliteb...r.blogspot.com/[/url] We'll be able to hear updates about her on Facebook :)

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1313436547' post='2288519']
Talked to Brandee earlier via Facebook.[/quote]

me too!! so glad I caught her! she sounded well :)

Just a question for all you Carmelite folks, in reading this thread, is this common practice for Carmelites to have an interested applicant to enter at the end of an initial visit? I had not heard about this practice. However, there is a lot I do not know about Carmel. Thanks

OnlySunshine

[quote name='TIWW' timestamp='1313505300' post='2289055']
Just a question for all you Carmelite folks, in reading this thread, is this common practice for Carmelites to have an interested applicant to enter at the end of an initial visit? I had not heard about this practice. However, there is a lot I do not know about Carmel. Thanks
[/quote]

This is actually the first time I've heard of it in these modern times, but it's not unlikely, I suppose. Most times, the visitor comes for a weekend and then applies and, if she is accepted, then returns to enter. One of my friends, Moriah ([url="http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/index.php?showuser=8828"]In the Arms of the Lord[/url]), entered two Carmels--Buffalo and Elysburg. She is about to be clothed as a novice in Elysburg this month. She went for an extended weekend visit of 4 days and applied to each, entering Buffalo first, but discerned that Buffalo was not THE Carmel for her.

In the old days, aspirants would enter directly after communicating by mail with no in-person visit beforehand. I cannot remember where I read this, but I have read it several times. I'll try to dig up my source if I can.

Also, it should be noted that Brandee is not obligated to enter after her visit. Only if she discerns that she is called there will she enter. ;)

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

faithcecelia

Yes, it is unusual - I have only heard of it happening before when the aspirant is from another country. I think Brandee is travelling a long way though so that may be why. 1990 Carmels don't allow live-ins at all, but most 1991 like you to have at least one and time to think it through afterwards.

FutureSister2009

And your birthday is tomorrow too! How wonderful!

Yes Holy Jealousy is an accurate way to describe it!