An Old School Catholic Message Board

My Countdown Till I Go Off To Carmel

carmelite15

carmelite15

LOL you guys are so silly! and yes as soon as I get my new computer plug I am going to update it :saint:

But yes I am only 17 very young but I guess Our Lord wanted me at this age :dance: I hope I am a cute baby...lol

[size="3"]But I just got off the phone with Sr. Mary and she told me they still wear wedding dresses for when you get the habit!!!!!![/size]

Edited by carmelite15

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1305153071' post='2240245']
LOL you guys are so silly! and yes as soon as I get my new computer plug I am going to update it :saint:

But yes I am only 17 very young but I guess Our Lord wanted me at this age :dance: I hope I am a cute baby...lol

[size="3"]But I just got off the phone with Sr. Mary and she told me they still wear wedding dresses for when you get the habit!!!!!![/size]
[/quote]

That's so amesome! I think that the Carmel at Terre Haute does that. :)

faithcecelia

[/quote]

WOW!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I really do envy you for thst, I was so disappointed to find out that isn't the norm anymore, and that I wouldn't get my mantle either.

FutureSister2009

I wonder if there would be a possibility for your mom or someone to put pictures of your habit taking onto Facebook?
And one of my dear friends became a Sister at 17. Not a Carmelite but still, she was your age. She just turned 25 and she's still going strong :like:

carmelite15

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1305153890' post='2240254']
I wonder if there would be a possibility for your mom or someone to put pictures of your habit taking onto Facebook?
And one of my dear friends became a Sister at 17. Not a Carmelite but still, she was your age. She just turned 25 and she's still going strong :like:
[/quote]

Oh my gosh I wonder if My momcan if not I will have my mom send pics to everybody haha But wow she entered at 17 and is 25 now thats so COOL!

FutureSister2009

Yup she's been a huge influence on me and my Vocation. See my avatar at left
<-----------:clapping:

carmelite15

[size="6"]100 days left

[/size][size="5"]I only have 100 days left till I go off to Carmel!!![/size]

Piccoli Fiori JMJ

+JMJ

One hundred days. What can someone do in 100 days?

Amazing, Brandee! This is such a wonderful thing to witness. May God grant you perseverance!

[quote name='carmelite15' timestamp='1305214923' post='2240483']
[size="6"]100 days left

[/size][size="5"]I only have 100 days left till I go off to Carmel!!![/size]
[/quote]

[font="Book Antiqua"][size="4"]Attagirl, Brandee I am happy to see that you will be entering soon
[/size][/font]:monk:

[/quote]

A w esome! :yahoo:

How did you become ready to leave loved ones and make such a big step? It's a scary thought when I think about the possibility in my future, and it's always tough being apart....

FutureSister2009

I'm helping you out Brandee, 99 days! I'm so excited for you! :clapping:

Could you do me a favor in the meantime, I requested it when you made your last video, would you make another one for me with The Potter's Hand as the song? Please?

carmelite15

[size="5"]only 99 days left till I go off to Carmel!!
[size="5"][/size]

Thank you FutureSister! Yes I would love to do a video with that song but what kind of video would you want it to be about?[/size]

Edited by carmelite15

carmelite15

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1305296424' post='2240835']
A w esome! :yahoo:

How did you become ready to leave loved ones and make such a big step? It's a scary thought when I think about the possibility in my future, and it's always tough being apart....
[/quote]

Well you maybe know Ive been wanting to be a Nun since I was 12 and a carmelite since I was about 14. Ive came to that a whole lot over the years but now I know im ready I know when I get there I will feel a little bit of home sick but I will be in my new home with my husband.