An Old School Catholic Message Board

Looking For Mother Teresa's Best Book

LuigiZolli

LuigiZolli

I want to find the best Mother Teresa book. I'm looking for the a good book to leave on my coffee table. Something that would appeal to a fallen away Catholics or even a not believer.
thanks in advance

I think her best book is Come Be My Light. That being said I think she has better books for conversion

[quote name='Winchester' timestamp='1305480624' post='2241890']
I liked "Long-Range Sniper Tactics."
[/quote]

See that's what I'm saying. "Come Be My Light" is a great book for deepening faith. But Winnie's suggestion is better for conversion

Winchester

Really, you need to read the entire body of her work. Especially "Preparing Delicious Beef for Visiting Hindus: Lulz in Cooking".

I [b]love [/b]the book "I Loved Jesus in the Night: Teresa of Calcutta: A Secret Revealed" by Paul Murray. It is small and I think it would be a good read for anyone. :) You could probably get it and read it in a day and see if it is something you would want to have on your coffee table.
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[quote][i]I Loved Jesus in the Night[/i] is one priest's compelling account of meeting with the saint of Calcutta. Sharing anecdotes and first-hand experiences, Paul Murray offers a glimpse into why Mother Teresa could declare, in one of her letters, that if ever she were to "become a saint," she would surely be one of "darkness."

This very personal yet powerful book is an attempt to come to terms with the dark night experiences endured by Mother Teresa in the light of the Gospel and the mystical teachings of St John of the Cross. And something else as well...revelations of Mother Teresa's sense of humor!

[/quote]

[/size][/font]

Edited by Ada

LuigiZolli

[quote name='Ada' timestamp='1305487517' post='2241905']
I [b]love [/b]the book "I Loved Jesus in the Night: Teresa of Calcutta: A Secret Revealed" by Paul Murray. It is small and I think it would be a good read for anyone. :) You could probably get it and read it in a day and see if it is something you would want to have on your coffee table.
[font="verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font]
[/quote]

thanks, Ada, sounds like what I am looking for, besides "Long-Range Sniper Tactics" seems to be out of print.

Debra Little

[quote name='LuigiZolli' timestamp='1305479293' post='2241884']
I want to find the best Mother Teresa book. I'm looking for the a good book to leave on my coffee table. Something that would appeal to a fallen away Catholics or even a not believer.
thanks in advance
[/quote]

Try Amazon. It would be cheaper too.