An Old School Catholic Message Board

Great Catholic Sisters And Priests Movies

LaPetiteSoeur

CatherineM

Black Narcissus is on Turner Classic Movies tonight. It's about Anglican nuns, but a good one.

sistersintigo

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1307491303' post='2251065']
Black Narcissus is on Turner Classic Movies tonight. It's about Anglican nuns, but a good one.
[/quote]
Aha!! It's Rumer Godden again!
Black Narcissus is one of Rumer Godden's earliest novels. In This House of Brede, and Five for Sorrow Ten for Joy, came much later in her life.

come to the Stable - Loretta Young and Celeste Holm

Lilies of the Field with Sidney Poitier

Black Narcissus Deborah Kerr

The Bells of St. Mary's Bing Crosby

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1307568006' post='2251411']
The Scarlett and the Black. I love love looooooooove this movie.
[/quote]

One of the best movies ever! I've liked this movie since I was litte (12). The actors are great. The story is better!

MessorCarus

No Greater Love--A documentary about Carmelite Nuns, Monastery of the Most Holy Trinity in Notting Hill. Not a hollywood movie, but still pretty amesome. :)

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1307380479' post='2250454']
no...Unless there are two Doubt movies (hmmm.....). It's about a sister who thinks a priest is abusing a child in her school and her reaction. It has Amy adams and Meryl Streep in it.
[/quote]

I got mixed up. But it is about child abuse as you said. I don't like anything that puts Religious in a bad light. Nor horror/sci-fi.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I have to change my view on the movie "Doubt." Some wonderful religious saw this movie and loved it. One said it was a great story on gossip. So, I watched it and I totally agree!

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1308526810' post='2256131']
Wow. I have to change my view on the movie "Doubt." Some wonderful religious saw this movie and loved it. One said it was a great story on gossip. So, I watched it and I totally agree!

[/quote]

I especially liked the example of the feather pillow!

[quote name='FutureSister2009' timestamp='1307385158' post='2250475']
I haven't seen it but my grandmom told me about it, The Bells of St. Mary's. She said it's great. I'd love to see it sometime
[/quote]

This is one of my favorite movies! Along with Song of Bernadette, Pope John Paul II (with Jon Voight) and I recently saw Molokai.

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='the_rev' timestamp='1308618510' post='2256608']
This is one of my favorite movies! Along with Song of Bernadette, Pope John Paul II (with Jon Voight) and I recently saw Molokai.
[/quote]

Did you see the movies on JPII called [i]The Man who Became Pope[/i] and [i]The Man, the Pope[/i]? The actors are Polish and it is very well done.

faithcecelia

[quote name='LaPetiteSoeur' timestamp='1308659433' post='2256731']
Did you see the movies on JPII called [i]The Man who Became Pope[/i] and [i]The Man, the Pope[/i]? The actors are Polish and it is very well done.
[/quote]

Oh I just love 'The Man who became Pope' there is an honesty and simplicity in it that enthralled me. I sobbed my heart out in places too. It shows him as such a normal man, someone who felt so insignificant in the middle of the horrors he was witnessing, but still managed to focus on his faith and pursue his vocation.:love: