An Old School Catholic Message Board

Favorite Summer Activities

Luigi

HopefulBride

I am sorry I know you said no swimming but it's swimming for me. That and grilling, I love to grill.

[quote name='HopefulBride' timestamp='1307566837' post='2251398']
I am sorry I know you said no swimming but it's swimming for me. That and grilling, I love to grill.
[/quote]

There are no points off for swimming, it's just a little obvious. But grilling - that counts.

dominicansoul

sitting at the shore, watching the waves roll in and out, contemplating the Majesty of God

Sylvanna Imbris

Extended exposure photography at night! (next time I'll try using a tripod so they're less blurry)

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-i_cWuSEGrzA/TfABesz4v_I/AAAAAAAAABA/N-WXFiZIXxI/s640/SD%252520Card%252520Set%2525202%252520187.jpg[/img]
_________________________________[color="#000000"][b] Sparkler wars![/b][/color]
[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fjQF56wCEJc/TfADFj58GwI/AAAAAAAAABU/V5sRMvZ8QUs/s640/SD%2BCard%2BSet%2B2%2B239.jpg[/img]
[b]____________________________[color="#000000"]Fun with colored glo-sticks![/color][/b]
We took more than 200 photos that night...digital cameras are so amesome!

LinaSt.Cecilia2772

ROADTRIPS.

Especially to the beach, or out of state. My favorite states to travel to in the summer are colorado, new mexico, arizona, and california. Mostly the west coast. Absolutely beautiful =)

I forgot to add:

Ice Cream Sundaes

Haven't had one of those in a long while. Now that summer's here, I have an excuse!

[quote name='USAirwaysIHS' timestamp='1307572384' post='2251436']
The Ichetucknee.
[/quote]

A river on which you canoe?

You guys have country church suppers in your area? All you can eat for $8 or $10 - includes fried chicken, roast beef, home grown tomatoes & cucumbers, green beans, mashed potatoes, corn, home made pies, and iced tea? Also on the grounds, bingo, kiddie rides, walk through the cemetery, tour the church, read the bulletin, poker, quilt raffles, buy homemade jellies and baked goods, and at the very best ones maybe a display of antique farm machinery, mule handling, or a fiddle contest?

Or is that just a Midwestern tradition?