InPersonaChriste

Women In Habits

Julie de Sales

It says: I need you to build a roof, to donate myself to you, lisent to His voice...(refrain)

Edited by Julie de Sales

BarbaraTherese

Just wanted to share this site that has pics of the original habits for the listed communities. I always think its fun to look at historical nun pictures :hehe2:

http://www.nunsandsisters.com/Photographs.html

Thank you for sharing this.  I find it fascinating to look back to the pre V2 habits.  Some of them must have been absolutely penitential and daily.

graciandelamadrededios

Discalced Carmelite Nuns in Mirna Pec, Slovenia - a foundation of Kirk Edge Carmel

ve%C4%8Dne%20zaobljube%20s.%20Terezije%2

20130203_karmel_3.jpg

20130202_karmel_2.jpg

c_fotos_009_display.jpg

graciandelamadrededios

I think this is her now:

540935_2706041987010_380756709_n.jpg

A nice family portrait:

19330_2706042627026_1878703785_n.jpg

(I'm wondering why the sister on the right is the only one with a slightly different colour of habit)

The PCC's has two colors of their habit, grey and brown.

However, it seemed that the entire commuity is wearing their gray habit and the Nun in brown is probably the Federal Abbess visiting the monastery.

By His Grace Alone

The PCC's has two colors of their habit, grey and brown.

However, it seemed that the entire commuity is wearing their gray habit and the Nun in brown is probably the Federal Abbess visiting the monastery.

Actually, she is Zuster Theresia. I believe she was the first Dutch Sister professed at Eindhoven after it was refounded. Edited by By His Grace Alone

Mary+Immaculate<3

The Carmelite being professed in Slovenia looks *exactly* like the actress of St. Therese in the French movie of her! And of course she has a resemblance to the Saint herself.

BarbaraTherese

970556_545428892187835_1667754618_n.jpg

rotfl

I had a giggle over the above too.  When I first looked at it, I thought to myself "Playing a trumpet while Mother puts her veil on!!??!!???!" rotfl  I know things have changed, but wow! THAT IS some big CHANGE!

- then a second look clarified things for me and gave me another (and more honest) giggle.