An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Guessing Game

LaPetiteSoeur

[quote name='DarleneSteinemann' timestamp='1322193711' post='2340213']
Mater,

You can't win them all! I tried to be careful in the question that it was in fact a community and not an order.
[/quote]

Hun, that's what happens when I'm on here. I just know how to research too well. :P

• 1 year later...
FutureSister2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tixZgkXR6c

I guessed the SSVMs. I don't know if I am right or if I even made it in on time.

ChristinaTherese

This is the most amesome game ever. Why hasn't it been played in two years?!

Yes, it is. Someone, give us a new clue!

I'll give one.

This order is a relatively new (20th-century) American foundation with apostolates in teaching and nursing. They are fully habited (white), accept entrants of all ages, and have houses in Pennsylvania and Ohio, as well as special devotions to the Holy Spirit, Our Lady of Loreto, and St. Anne de Beaupre. Also, they are just lovely!

Go.

Hna.Caridad

I'll give one.

This order is a relatively new (20th-century) American foundation with apostolates in teaching and nursing. They are fully habited (white), accept entrants of all ages, and have houses in Pennsylvania and Ohio, as well as special devotions to the Holy Spirit, Our Lady of Loreto, and St. Anne de Beaupre. Also, they are just lovely!

Go.

This is a great game--I'm so glad that it's been resurrected!

OK, my guess:  Oblates of the Sacred Heart of Jesus?

Actually, I have no idea what their devotions are or whether or not they're in PA.  I do know that they're in OH, that they wear all white, accept entrants of all ages, and have the apostolates of teaching & nursing (among other things). 

http://www.oblatesistersofshj.com

How did I do?

This is a great game--I'm so glad that it's been resurrected!

OK, my guess:  Oblates of the Sacred Heart of Jesus?

Actually, I have no idea what their devotions are or whether or not they're in PA.  I do know that they're in OH, that they wear all white, accept entrants of all ages, and have the apostolates of teaching & nursing (among other things). 

http://www.oblatesistersofshj.com

How did I do?

Nope. Sorry!

OnlySunshine

I'll give one.

Go.

I figured it out!

Congregation of the Divine Spirit

They have houses in Erie, PA and Canton, OH.  They serve as teachers and as nurses to the elderly.  Their habits are white and their houses for the elderly are named after Our Lady of Loreto.

I figured it out!

Congregation of the Divine Spirit

They have houses in Erie, PA and Canton, OH.  They serve as teachers and as nurses to the elderly.  Their habits are white and their houses for the elderly are named after Our Lady of Loreto.

Ok, Mater, I have to agree with the poster of two years ago that you are scary good at this game. Indeed, the CDS does/has all those things, as well as makes a regular pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Anne in Canada.

Now, Mater, since YOU figured it out, YOU give a clue!

DiscerningCatholic

I'll give one.

Go.

Little Sisters of the Poor?

OnlySunshine

Ok, Mater, I have to agree with the poster of two years ago that you are scary good at this game. Indeed, the CDS does/has all those things, as well as makes a regular pilgrimage to the Shrine of St. Anne in Canada.

Now, Mater, since YOU figured it out, YOU give a clue!

I will do it in a bit.  ;)

OnlySunshine

OK, here is the clue:

This group of Sisters was founded overseas but has houses in the USA, Australia, France, and Canada.  They work with the youth and elderly.  The order was named for a hermit saint.  Which order is this?