An Old School Catholic Message Board

Order Guessing Game

LaPetiteSoeur

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='Lisa' timestamp='1308779316' post='2257409']

New clue:
Minnesota. VERRRRYY new. Public Association of the Faithful. Mother Mary Clare is only in her late 20s or early 30s. Black tunic, white scapular (super cute habit).
[/quote]

Handmaids of the Heart of Jesus?

MargaretTeresa

Here's my clue!!!

[font=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][size=2]founded in 1924. Through their focus on the Eucharist, ministry to priests, and their liturgical service, they remind the people of God of what is truly valuable. Their focus of attention is on the Divine Master. They spend three hours a day before the Blessed Sacrament. Their love is expressed in their music, art, archictecture, and their special care of priests in need.[/size][/font]

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1308798924' post='2257521']
Here's my clue!!!

[font=VERDANA, ARIAL, HELVETICA][size=2]founded in 1924. Through their focus on the Eucharist, ministry to priests, and their liturgical service, they remind the people of God of what is truly valuable. Their focus of attention is on the Divine Master. They spend three hours a day before the Blessed Sacrament. Their love is expressed in their music, art, archictecture, and their special care of priests in need.[/size][/font]
[/quote]

Sister Disciples of the Divine Master?

Edited by MaterMisericordiae

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308801982' post='2257546']
Sister Disciples of the Divine Master?
[/quote]

You win. <_<

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MargaretTeresa' timestamp='1308860579' post='2257784']
You win. <_<
[/quote]

I'm no fun, huh? rotfl

Here's the next clue:

This order was founded in Holland in 1832 by a Bishop. They became a congregation of Pontifical Right in 1993. Their apostolates are education and nursing.

OnlySunshine

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308863115' post='2257796']
I'm no fun, huh? rotfl

Here's the next clue:

This order was founded in Holland in 1832 by a Bishop. They became a congregation of Pontifical Right in 1993. Their apostolates are education and nursing.
[/quote]

No one wants to play? :sad:

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308539439' post='2256201']
Here is the next clue:

This order was started in 1891 in Rome, Italy. The congregation has homes in four countries--United States, Canada, Australia and South America. Their apostolates are health care and education.
[/quote]

It sounds similar to the Sisters of Mercy of Alma, Michigan. But I think that was around 1974?

But I see this was answered already. :)

Edited by JoyfulLife

[quote name='JoyfulLife' timestamp='1308946757' post='2258211']
It sounds similar to the Sisters of Mercy of Alma, Michigan. But I think that was around 1974?

But I see this was answered already. :)
[/quote]

Who has the next clue? I enjoy this game.

MargaretTeresa

[quote name='MaterMisericordiae' timestamp='1308946614' post='2258208']
No one wants to play? :sad:
[/quote]

I've been searching. Need a new clue.

she_who_is_not

Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church

If I'm right, someone else post a clue. The power is out at my house and I can only get online at my office. And I am about to go home. God Bless!!!

Can I add one even though I haven't guessed?

This order began in Hungary during WWII. they emigrated to Canada and later to the US. They use videos and music to teach the faith to young people. and at one time they had a convent in Reno right down the street from my house!

OnlySunshine

[quote name='she_who_is_not' timestamp='1308949491' post='2258247']
Sisters of Charity of Our Lady Mother of the Church

If I'm right, someone else post a clue. The power is out at my house and I can only get online at my office. And I am about to go home. God Bless!!!
[/quote]

Yes, you are correct! :)

sistersintigo

How about a cloistered monastic TWO-FER? It's not my turn but I will throw this in anyhow.

The place is medieval France. Which makes the time, close to 1200 AD.
Two very different groups of men are putting down the roots of two religious orders which exist to the present day, and what happens is:
a group of WOMEN, a different group for each of the masculine foundations, becomes their first monastery of CLOISTERED NUNS.
Here's the curious part: the foundations are in two different towns, but each town name begins with the letters PR-.
Remember: it's when the WOMEN were accepted by the men and became affiliated with the men's supervision and the charism of the men's order.

If you can scare up the names of these towns, so much the better, but what REALLY counts is:
what are the two orders?

[quote name='sistersintigo' timestamp='1309011209' post='2258574']
How about a cloistered monastic TWO-FER? It's not my turn but I will throw this in anyhow.

The place is medieval France. Which makes the time, close to 1200 AD.
Two very different groups of men are putting down the roots of two religious orders which exist to the present day, and what happens is:
a group of WOMEN, a different group for each of the masculine foundations, becomes their first monastery of CLOISTERED NUNS.
Here's the curious part: the foundations are in two different towns, but each town name begins with the letters PR-.
Remember: it's when the WOMEN were accepted by the men and became affiliated with the men's supervision and the charism of the men's order.

If you can scare up the names of these towns, so much the better, but what REALLY counts is:
what are the two orders?
[/quote]

The first monastery of Dominican (Order of Preachers) nuns was founded in Prouillhe in 1205.

I'm really guessing on the second one - the Premonstratensian Canonesses, otherwise known as the Norbertines? Founded in Prémontré, but I can't find a date of foundation.