An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

dominicansoul

I always play traditional Latin Hymns at Mass, and make the Pipe Organ go BOOM to wake up the early-morning Mass-goers who might be sleeping in their pews :P

dominicansoul

I get to Mass one hour early so I can spend an hour of adoration before Mass begins :love:

MissScripture
:cry: I can't post here! I am posting in the other thread!

Whoops, I suppose this should go in the pity thread...

I don't hold hands during the Our Father, and can honestly say have not paid one bit of attention to any weird looks because of it.

I don't hold hands during the Our Father;
I don't raise my hands to pray;
I always contribute to the collection;
I sing on all the songs I know.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1309388326' post='2260495']
:cry: I can't post here! I am posting in the other thread! [/quote]

I posted in both threads. Does that make me a bad Catholic or a good Catholic? Or should I weight my good & bad elements before deciding? Or am I BOTH a good AND a bad Catholic?

I'M SO CONFUSED!!!!

MissScripture

Oh! I though of ways I am a good Catholic! I don't hold hands during the Our Father...well, unless I'm already holding my husband's hand. Wait, does holding hands at ALL during Mass make me a bad Catholic? Then maybe I'm not supposed to be posting this here. :unsure:

[quote name='AudreyGrace' timestamp='1309395849' post='2260564']
i look out for liturgical abuses, usually.
[/quote]

I actually see this as a negative (for me anyway). I end up so distracted by the liturgical abuses that I don't pray enough and walk out of Mass angry. This is why it's best for me to stick to the Old Mass and conservative parishes :dance:

IcePrincessKRS

I don't hold hands, sway, or use the orans position. I don't sing because I sound bad and honestly don't know the words. (Maybe that's for the Bad thread...) I receive Communion on the tongue. I make my kids kneel and stand and fold their hands like angels.

My good list is way shorter than my bad list... :blush:

MissScripture

[quote name='CatherineM' timestamp='1309406876' post='2260642']
I turn in my church envelope even for weeks I'm out of town.
[/quote]
We don't have envelopes, but every so often we get a statement from Church saying what we pledge to give and what we've given so far this year. lol. I didn't know I'd be getting billed from Church! LOL. (It is nice, though, because we go somewhere else every other weekend, because of my husbands work shifts, and sometimes we forget for that weekend)

I wear a skirt whenever possible and cover my head.

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1309407209' post='2260646']
We don't have envelopes, ...[/quote]

Please contact Rome immediately. Tell them the name of the churchyou attend - they can verify for you whether you are, in fact, attending a CATHOLIC church.