An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1309466543' post='2261140']
I have held my tongue on more than one occasion because of my status as CM and then mod.
[/quote]

I certainly will have to do the same now that I have the CM label. (I may just avoid this place entirely once the elections get closer. The race baiting really got to me last time around.)

[quote name='tgoldson' timestamp='1309472183' post='2261214']
I certainly will have to do the same now that I have the CM label. (I may just avoid this place entirely once the elections get closer. The race baiting really got to me last time around.)
[/quote]
What I do is type out my really snarky response, look at it and think about it and then I usually end up deleting it.

MissScripture

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1309473295' post='2261238']
What I do is type out my really snarky response, look at it and think about it and then I usually end up deleting it.
[/quote]
I do that a lot, too.

Clare~Therese

[quote name='krissylou' timestamp='1309470708' post='2261195']
I think Fulton Sheen has a MOST EXCELLENT cape.
[/quote]

Amen! :like:

I wore a pro-life group's logo pin on my bag when I was a medical student working in a public hospital. It started some great conversations.

[img]http://www.feministsforlife.org/covetable_stuff/images/large/logopin-silver-lg.jpg[/img]

I also wore a Catholic Relief Services wrist band with the phrase "One Human Family" on the side. That came in handy when defending the Church against blasphemy.

[img]http://uspartners.crs.org/img/braclet_sm.jpg[/img]

Im not good a Catholic, Im a GREAT one! So much so Im working on my letter to the Vatican extolling myself and reasons why I should not have to wait till Im dead to receive the title saint.

Ive already got my odor of sanctity and holy card picked out, now to just polish my halo.... :saint:

I pray for the pope, cardinals, bishops, priests, deacons, seminarians, theologians, philosophers, preachers, catechists, and teachers, as well as "vocations to the secular priesthood and all the forms and orders of religious life" daily.

[quote name='vee8' timestamp='1309580792' post='2261998']
I prayed for the pope once.
[/quote]

I'm sure it helped him, too. And I bet he appreciated it!

Ed Normile

I go to mass every Sunday and Holy Day, I sin, I receive the Sacrament of Absolution and Penance. I pray all the time. I doubt I am a good Catholic. I hope to be a fair Catholic. I am shooting for a reservation in Purgatory with the belief that you good Catholics will pray for my soul.

ed

Ed Normile

[quote name='MIkolbe' timestamp='1309443289' post='2260773']
I am EXTREMELY good looking....

oh... you just said good.

nvrmnd.
[/quote]

In a Muppet kind of way, and very humble too!

ed