An Old School Catholic Message Board

Good Catholics Post Here

dominicansoul

I promised someone I'd pray for her pop-pop's soul years ago after he passed and still do daily.

Edited by BG45

• 2 weeks later...
dominicansoul

I'm an awe.some Catholic, cos I went to confession and had a conversion experience, and from this point on am gonna live totally surrendered to Jesus Christ

Lil'Monster

[quote name='dominicansoul' timestamp='1310527219' post='2266675']
I'm an awe.some Catholic, cos I went to confession and had a conversion experience, and from this point on am gonna live totally surrendered to Jesus Christ
[/quote]

sweet :like:

I am in confession more than I am out of confession.

I sing. I sing really loud, even if I don't know the song. And I keep right on singing loud even when people look at me.

I have "my seat" at my parish and "my Mass".

If I miss "my Mass" and have to attend at a different time, people rush up to me the next week and ask if everything is okay.

I have the cell phone numbers of multiple priests programmed into my phone with a note in case of emergency to contact one of them.

Im such a good Catholic Im still waiting for the Vatican to get back to me about canonizing me as the first living saint :saint2:

MissScripture

[quote name='MissyP89' timestamp='1310527759' post='2266680']
I have the cell phone numbers of multiple priests programmed into my phone with a note in case of emergency to contact one of them.
[/quote]
I have a note in my phone with my medical info to call a priest in case of emergency, but I didn't think of actually putting a priest's number in my phone. I do have the phone numbers for several convents to call when I need prayers.

I thought of something during Mass today that made me a good Catholic...but then I forgot it. And I was thinking about it during Mass, which probably makes me a bad Catholic, so I probably don't belong in this thread, so much. lol.
ETA: Nevermind, I just remembered what I had been thinking about (pregnancy brain!) and it had nothing to do with me being a Good Catholic. It was about how my sister was praying for the baby before she even knew I was pregnant, because I'd sent a prayer request without names, and she remembered reading it, because she was happy to read something that was good news and not sad. :proud:

Edited by MissScripture

[quote name='MissScripture' timestamp='1310528207' post='2266684']
I have a note in my phone with my medical info to call a priest in case of emergency, but I didn't think of actually putting a priest's number in my phone. I do have the phone numbers for several convents to call when I need prayers.
[/quote]

Those numbers are actually there for the moments I'm having some kind of faith crisis, which happens pretty often. I don't really belong here, either. :lol:

Nihil Obstat

On Sunday I FINALLY, for the first time in my life, went to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It was spectacular. I could do it every week. I can certainly meet my current medium-term goal of once every three weeks like this. :) Absolutely thrilled.
Every once in a while I have little experiences like this that confirm over and over again that I've found my spiritual home in the Traditional Mass communities. :proud:

confession kneeling and behind a screen is exclusive to the Traditional Latin Mass communities? :huh:

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310537362' post='2266776']
On Sunday I FINALLY, for the first time in my life, went to confession kneeling and behind a screen. It was spectacular. I could do it every week. I can certainly meet my current medium-term goal of once every three weeks like this. :) Absolutely thrilled.
Every once in a while I have little experiences like this that confirm over and over again that I've found my spiritual home in the Traditional Mass communities. :proud:
[/quote]

[quote name='Lil Red' timestamp='1310538052' post='2266782']
confession kneeling and behind a screen is exclusive to the Traditional Latin Mass communities? :huh:
[/quote]
Wow... news to me. Our regular-ol' NO parish has done it this way for as long as we've been there. I guess this just confirms that I have my spiritual home in the right place.

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' timestamp='1310537362' post='2266776']
[/quote]
it took me less than 19 years to go to confession kneeling and behind a screen.

It is little experiences like this that confirm over and over my betterness and holiness over many.