An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have You Ever Met Or Spotted A Celebrity?

OnlySunshine

MargaretTeresa

I met Jessica Mendoza at the Egg Bowl (Ole Miss vs. Mississippi State football game) last year. She was surprised I recognized her simply because people mostly only hear her voice. But I had seen her two-ish years before when Team USA Softball did their nationwide tour. :) She's amesome!

• 2 years later...

I'm convinced that I saw Keira knightly at the London airport although it does seem highly unlikely that she would be waiting at baggage claim and nobody was asking for her autograph either...so no, I haven't met any celebrities.

I met Kelsey Grammar....he's a fabulously nice guy and really cared about the little people and had no intentions of simply hob-nobbing with the president of our orginization...he wanted to know how everyone felt and that everyone got to eat lunch ^.^   Self-rigorous local donators expected us to throw out their used gum.  In short, loved him.  Also met a couple of others but none impressed me that much.

southern california guy

I live in Southern California so I have seen all sorts of celebrities -- but not really "met" them.

However I did personally meet and shake hands with Roy Rogers and Dale Evans.  That was years ago.  They were great people.  

Let's see....

Hulk Hogan stopped by the gym once when I was there. 

Some of the Blackhawks came to watch our game (because their wives/gfs were on the team we were playing against). 

I saw Bl. John Paul II when he visited our sister school in 1979.  

I made Cardinal George laugh in his yard (they used to have the Theology-on-Tap finale picnic in his backyard). 

Archbishops Vlazny and Listecki were teachers at my high school before they became bishops. 

I went to HS with movie's perpetual side-kick and goofball, Steve Zahn:

17685.jpg

Embarassingly, I went to HS with Dan Savage (he transferred out after a year and a half). 

Ancilla Domini

I like this thread. May I resurrect it? I've met Placido Domingo!!

And I came so close to meeting Piotr Beczala. =(

Probably no one knows who that is, anyway. :D

In my daily life not really...although one of the former contestants on the singing show The Voice was from minnesota AND a Catholic apparently. I have spotted him a couple times at sunday mass!

My boyfriend works in film so he meets some pretty cool people on a regular basis. There have been numerous times were I could have met Tom Cruise, Jake Gyllenhaal, Jason Segal, Jonathan Demme, and Steven Spielberg. Of course being that we are in a long distance relationship I havent ever met any of them, but this spring there is a special screening for a film he worked on so Ill get to meet Jonathan Demme! Im kinda scared.

I used to be in the hotel industry when I was lot younger so I've met a lot of celebs.

Greg Allman
Madonna
DuranDuran
Howard Jones
Alice Cooper
Bil Keane the cartoonist from The Family Circus
Hugh Grant
Kathy Troccoli
Israel
Tom Booth (used to go to church with him)
Several Phx Suns
Several DBacks

Today I edit as a side job for a large publisher so I've met a lot of authors.

No one really impressed me... Except maybe John Cardinal O'Connor, May he rest in peace. Now he was pretty awesome.

PhuturePriest

Patrick Coffin, Tim Staples, Father Wade Menezes, Father Andrew Apostoli (I even have a picture with him, but it's not on my phone, and I can't figure out how to upload it onto the computer), Father Antoine Thomas, and a lot of other famous Catholic apologists. I met a lot of them when I was just a kid, so I don't remember all of them. There is a good chance I met Scott Hahn when I was younger, though. My sister has a book he signed for her, so I was probably there for that.

Patrick Coffin, Tim Staples, Father Wade Menezes, Father Andrew Apostoli (I even have a picture with him, but it's not on my phone, and I can't figure out how to upload it onto the computer), Father Antoine Thomas, and a lot of other famous Catholic apologists. I met a lot of them when I was just a kid, so I don't remember all of them. There is a good chance I met Scott Hahn when I was younger, though. My sister has a book he signed for her, so I was probably there for that.

Hmm, I was at a mass celebrated by Father Apostoli.  I also have had a chance to visit with Father Pacwa a couple of times. 

Edited by Eowyn

PhuturePriest

Hmm, I was at a mass celebrated by Father Apostoli.  I also have had a chance to visit with Father Pacwa a couple of times. 

I don't think Father Mitch Pacwa was at the EWTN Shrine that day, otherwise I probably would have met him. Father Wade was really cool, though! He blessed all of our stuff for us and talked to us for quite a while.

I went with my mom back to LA in October 2012 and she and I were convinced that we saw Heidi Montag at Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Beverly Hills.  She kept trying to shade her face (she had sunglasses on).  Apparently, it was her because I researched her name and "Beverly Hills" when we got home and she was spotted in that same area with the same outfit on the same day.  She was wearing a pink tracksuit and pink baseball cap.  Apparently, a LOT of celebrities are spotted there.  It's just a shame that we didn't see anyone we actually were a fan of (like Gerard Butler...).  We went back this past July 2013 and saw no one even though we were there for 2 hours.  It seems, anytime I go and try to see Gerard, he's inevitably out of the country.  Last year and the year before, he was in Scotland visiting family and this year, he was in New York.  He comes back right after we go home.  :(